Skip to content

Does Anomen Romance Cancel Rasaad's? (spoilers)

wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
I've discovered that if I dont tell Anomen I love him, he'll kill Saerk and leave my party forever. I've done my best to let him down gently in his romance so far but it's obvious he thinks we are lovers, which is really, really annoying. If i tell him I love him (purely to manipulate the idiot into doing the right thing and staying with my party) will I still be able to start Rasaad's romance?

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013
    wednesday said:

I've done my best to let him down gently in his romance so far but it's obvious he thinks we are lovers, which is really, really annoying.

lol. Classic Anomen

Someone had told me that the new romances would clash with the old ones when I wanted to try and do Neera and Aerie. So I think it would screw with Rasaad.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It'll depend on whether telling him that moves him to 'committed' status. If it doesn't then you should be fine, but otherwise it'll block off Rasaad's. I've never done either romance so I'm not sure if this is the main event, as it were. :(
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    Ugh. I hope its not already too late. Guess I gotta let Anomen die and work out whether Viconia is still alive and if she's a better option for cleric than Aerie.
    @Eudaemonium how do I tell what his romance status is?
    Hey wednesday this file has a good outline for all romances. I've used it in the past with similar problems and managed to fix them.
    It involved using the cluaconsole to "check global" or something like that. It should be explained in the text.

http://www.mud-master.com/faqs/BGRomanceFAQ.html
    @wednesday: active the console and type:

C:GetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive", "Global")

If it returns '1' you're fine. If it returns '2', then prepare to be wooed by a certain knight. You might also be able to set the romance back to 1 (uncommitted) or 3 (broken).
    Thanks! Uggh it was already set to 2 before Anomen confronted Saerk... wonder if i can change things (so that anomen believed me when i TOLD HIM I WASN'T INTERESTED IN SLEEPING WITH HIM)
    @wednesday:

Try: C:SetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) (to break it, meaning he won't try to restart)

Then:

C:SetGlobal("RasaadRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) (to set Rasaad's back to the start so you can carry on with it)
    @Eudaemonium Thanks so much!
    No worries!

Clearly, Anomen is one of those men who thinks 'No' means 'Yes'.
    It's more than just a little bit creepy. Pity he's a cleric who can tank or I'd be quite happy just to ditch him completely.
    He also doesn't call you after sex... no seriously, after you make love the romance is basically paused until the expansion.
    Yeah now I'm seeing where all the Anomen hate comes from. My Charname was a kensai on my last playthrough and I just used Aerie as a cleric.. I needed another fighter for this round and.. ugh. just gross. Nice one Bioware.

Its nice to know that Kaidan hitting on me in Mass Effect 3 despite constant rejection across the two previous games was actually a shoutout to anyone who played female and had Anomen in BG2
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Hmm, I never even got any real clash o_O Both the romances were still at 1 when Rasaad had a dialog that forced a choice. Anomen was shifted to 3 and Rasaad stayed at 1. Maybe it was because I recruited both within the same game day. That was also before Anomens quest even started though...
    Yeah I recruited Rasaad after Anomen was already knighted, which is probably what caused that.

Trying to figure out how to start Rasaad's romance now or if it's not gonna happen.
    If you reset his variable to 1 you might just have to wait for another talk to trigger (or it may have to do with his quest. I haven't done Rasaad's romance.)
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    All I have to say is...Anomen is the original ninjamance.
    @SapphireIce101 "you cant marry him! You're already married to.. me!"
    A man stepped out of the shadows. Clothed all in black, face obscured by a mask, he strode down the aisle of the church and forced himself between the bride-to-be and her fiance.
    "Who ARE you?" she gasped.
    "You've never met me. you don't even know my name, But I assure you, I AM YOUR HUSBAND!"
    She took the document he flourished. A marriage certificate, signed and witnessed. Stapled to the corner was a photo of them, at the alter. He'd even included a copy of the wedding invitations and a letter from her mother, angry at not being invited to the ceremony.
    "how is this possible? You're a stranger! I dont remember this!"
    "No, my love. I am a ninja!"
    ...I still kinda like the character. He actually grows a lot and he is pretty realistic. He's a douche in the beginning but his heart is in the right place.
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    I had the same problem with Anomen and Rasaad, but I was wary enough about the continuation of the Anomen romance to set his global to 3 right before he was knighted. If I remember correctly, his romance switches to 2 once you have the 'crimson rhodelia' talk, so you are committed even before he asks charname to sleep with him. My Rasaad dialogue was bugged in that he never commenced his lovetalks (until I forced them to start), and I never got a 'choose between us' dialogue from Rasaad. I had images of my poor charname trying to capture Rasaad's interest but being dragged to the altar by Anomen... *shudder*
    How did you force rasaad's lovetalks? i've been trying to find the console command for that but haven't been able to yet.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I usually use use the CLUAConsole: AdvanceRealTime(999999) cheat, it'll usually prod along any conversation that has no special requirement. You can also change use CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("RasaadLoveTalks", "Global", #) but that can possibly break something (because of the mentioned conditions some talks can have).
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Baahaha I can already see Wednesday crawling back to Anomen out of loneliness :-)
    Naah, pushy boys who dont take no for an answer aren't really my type.
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    @wednesday
    I've been forcing the talks by using CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("RasaadLovetalksTimer", "Global", 1). Hopefully that of itself hasn't broken anything....
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Well, this is interesting. I decided my Charname should be a little hussy and romance both of them, just to see what would happen. After some flirting with both, Rasaad asked me about Anomen and I assured him I wasn't interested (liar!) I guess that changed Anomen's romance variable to a 3, which I changed back to a 2 with EEKeeper.

A few days later, I slept with Anomen. Rasaad said nothing. Then I slept with Rasaad. Anomen said nothing. I even declared my love for Anomen during the Saerk scene, and I guess Rasaad was deaf, because he said nothing. I guess it's because all of this would never have happened without playing around with the variables, but I'm a bit disappointed. Even Hexxat and Dorn get twitchy if you two-time them with each other.

Boys, boys! Why don't they fight over me?

Love,

Bubbles
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Jenzafar said:

Well, this is interesting. I decided my Charname should be a little hussy and romance both of them, just to see what would happen. After some flirting with both, Rasaad asked me about Anomen and I assured him I wasn't interested (liar!) I guess that changed Anomen's romance variable to a 3, which I changed back to a 2 with EEKeeper.

A few days later, I slept with Anomen. Rasaad said nothing. Then I slept with Rasaad. Anomen said nothing. I even declared my love for Anomen during the Saerk scene, and I guess Rasaad was deaf, because he said nothing. I guess it's because all of this would never have happened without playing around with the variables, but I'm a bit disappointed. Even Hexxat and Dorn get twitchy if you two-time them with each other.

Boys, boys! Why don't they fight over me?

Love,

Bubbles

They are just pretending not to notice. Both afraid that if they pushed the issue, they might not be the one Bubbles chose. :) But I think your right about the variables.