Skip to content

#7291 [RASSAD] - Deepstone Basement, Game appears to stay in a cut scene mode (Multi-Player)

DarthMauler64DarthMauler64 Member Posts: 7
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
We are in the middle of doing Rassad's quest in TOB. We have freed the wood chopping dwarfs. They tell us to go onto the raft and into a secret passage. Afterwards the party appears in a kitchen. The dwarfs tell us to go downstairs. When we go downstairs into the caves, the toolbars on the sides do not appear (like a cutscene), and nothing happens. The game does not appear to be frozen as the characters are slightly moving around in place.

So far, this has happened everytime except once (and we got killed so we had to restart outside).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that we were also unable to move. Also, pressing the hotkeys to open the various menus (like inventory) did not open them.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• DarthMauler64DarthMauler64 Member Posts: 7
    I didn't try hitting the h key, but my brother and I tried to click the hotkeys to open up inventory and other stuff and nothing worked.

Also, I forgot to mention that we couldn't move either.
  • rednassanderrednassander Member Posts: 2
    I'm still stuck with the same problem on ipad. I've managed to get around it the first time by going in via the tunnel.
    However, as soon as I was transported to the shadow plane (when Alorgoth flees), the same problem occured again. I haven't been able to complete the rasaad's quest because of this. Any help?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    @rednassander‌ could you upload a saved game? Use iFunbox to browse your iPad files and go to the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save directory, zip/rar the folder with 0000000 and the name you gave to the save with this issue, upload it to the forums with the "Attach a File" option under the comment box.
  • rednassanderrednassander Member Posts: 2
    I attached the quicksave (The bug occurs as soon as I continue and follow Alorgoth into the shadow plane).
    Thanks for the quick reply.
  • shexshex Member Posts: 1

I'm still stuck with the same problem on ipad. I've managed to get around it the first time by going in via the tunnel.
    However, as soon as I was transported to the shadow plane (when Alorgoth flees), the same problem occured again. I haven't been able to complete the rasaad's quest because of this. Any help?

I've found a way to workaround this problem. When Rasaad tells you to follow Alorgoth into the shadow plane you have to respond that Rasaad has to do this on his own. He will leave the party and enter the shadow plane. You can enter afterwards and let Rassad join the party again.
    There's a chance that the same problem will occur when you leave the shadow plane. It happend to me, but I'm not 100% sure what caused it. I think it was loading a save from a shadow plane. So, don't save in the shadow plane and you should be ok.
    Also, there are some bugs with the wheel of obliteration, you can find workarounds at this topic
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25473/rasaad-quest-wheel-of-obliteration/p2