Skip to content

Yoshimo affected by Maze (according to his portrait/stats); I can't find him...

I was in the Planar Sphere. Fought some Halflings with a Wizard. He Mazed Yoshimo, but I cant find him anywhere. Everytime I click him in a party, my guys keep walking a few steps, almost like they're trying to go off the map.

Anyways, since it's the Planar Sphere, I don't have a Freedom spell/scroll. What do I do? I've already waited 5 minutes (real time), and nothing.

Comments

• theOtherGuytheOtherGuy Member Posts: 19
    Nevermind, I waited another 5 minutes and he came back. Boy...
    Damnit, nevermind. He appeared and now he's suffering from Imprisonment and disappeared again.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    i think maze is broken because even when I have characters of high intelligence get mazed they end up missing for a really long time. I always just end up CLUA-ing a freedom scroll in ("scrl9z") after whatever battle it occurred in finishes.

Here is the length of time it's supposed to be

Intelligence of Target -- Time trapped in maze
    under 3 -- 2d4 turns
    3 to 5 -- 1d4 turns
    6 to 8 -- 5d4 rounds
    9 to 11 -- 4d4 rounds
    12 to 14 -- 3d4 rounds
    15 to 17 -- 2d4 rounds
    18 and up -- 1d4 rounds

I believe a round is supposed to be about 6 seconds, but that might just be 3rd edition or pnp, but a round at any length is not a particularly long amount of time. I had a mage/thief with 19 int stuck for like 4 minutes before i got so frustrated i just cheated the scroll in.
    Yeah, this isn't that far in the Planar Sphere. Tempted to just reload the save before I started (I make sure I have a save before every dungeon).
  • Lapetus2000Lapetus2000 Member Posts: 10
    If he's imprisoned, you need to cast freedom (scroll or spell) to get him back, or he's gone for good. I don't think there's a time limit, but it must be in the same area (planar sphere). Also, if imprisoned his portrait will have disappeared and you will have to go through the same dialogue as if you kicked him from the party, to get him back in.
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    Maze is temporary. A quick rest should get the guy back. Imprisonment is forever... unless if you got a higher level mage to cast freedom or happen to got the scroll. It's more or less, equivalent to being petrified -> usually have to reload if low level.
    Ended up just reloading the game. For some reason, when I get hit by Maze, I also get hit by Imprisonment. I've yet to find any Freedom scrolls either.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    You won't find any Freedom scrolls until chapter 5. You can buy them from a merchant at the start of this chapter.

Because you'll need a scroll of Freedom to get a side quest in the Underdark.

In chapter 6, Ribald Barterman also sells them from his special items. And another merchant has them in Throne of Bhaal.