Skip to content

#7114 [CORE] - Bards can now place traps, but are limited to one per area

MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've tried searching the forums to see if this was already reported, but I haven't found anything. Sorry if this is a double post.

I'm currently playing through TOB with a Blade, who can now set traps (thanks for fixing that bug by the way), but is limited to one per area. As soon as a single trap is placed, the next one will incur a "can't place any more traps in the area" dialogue. I've recently played through the game with a Cleric/Thief who did not have this issue, so I assume it's a Bard specific issue.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Hopefully it'll make the next patch then! Excellent. :)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @Maylander
    Yes, had been spotted by some already.... you did not dream too ! ;)
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/421556/#Comment_421556

Good news is that was apparently fixed in the last patch..but ONLY for the new games.. for old games (began before the last patch), a quick hotfix had been posted in that other thread, to allow 6 traps for bards (with HLA) too ; the line allowing the bards to use 6 traps (with HLA) was missing in the first EEs apparently... good to know yeah.. that, the magic flutes, was beginning to be a lot for poor bardies HLAs... *))
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Moving this one to "Fixed" as this was fixed in the last patch and requires a new game to take effect.
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    @Illdyth
    I don't think it was actually. In the past, Bards couldn't set traps at all. The patch that was released 20th of November fixed that particular issue, so Bards can now set traps, but only 1 per area. I'm referring to the area limit bug, not the set trap bug.

My Bard was created in December, almost two weeks after I updated my game with patch 1.2.2030. The bug might've been fixed, but if so the fix will be in an upcoming patch, not one that's available.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    @Illydth: I have to concur with @Maylander on this problem. My Blade was imported to BG2EE after the last patch, and now is encountering this problem (he can only set one HLA trap in an area).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    Yea I can confirm what @Thrasymachus is saying. 7114 says its fixed but is it possible it looks like if thats the case it didn't make it into the last patch.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Same here, started my game after getting the latest official patch and still Haer'Dalis can only place one trap per area.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @Thrasymachus, @elminster, @kaffekoppen, @Maylander:

Thanks for keeping up with this. I will move this back out of "Fixed" and back into the active bugs section.

7114 May be marked as fixed, but it does not appear on the announcement list for patch 2030, so I assume this one is "coming soon(tm)".

Will mark this in the Consolidated Bug reporting list.