Skip to content

Best items for a solo Cavalier

So as the title implys what is the best items for a solo Cavalier? I currently use the Cloak, and Helm of Balduran, with both of Drizzts +3 scimaters, and his armor, with the ring of bastalias passport, adoys belt, and gauntlets of Legacy of masters. Thanks in advance Cheers!

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Get a regular full plate and the Ring of Protection+2.
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Yes, or simply an Ankheg armor, as they can be used along with a RoP +2 now. Also, I see no mention of the haste boots, but I assume you're using them. If not, get them.
  • doneill2000doneill2000 Member Posts: 21
    Oh yes I am using the haste boots. So question wouldnt the Mirthil armor you get off of Drizzt be better than ankheg? I mean it offers same protection but the Mirthil is lighter. And what is the RoP +2?
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Ring of Protection +2. You get it from Ramazith in Baldur's Gate. It can't be used at the same time as the Mithril armor as far as I know, but it can be used while using Full Plate or the Ankheg armor. The ring not only adds +2 armor class, but also +2 saving throws, so it's very good.
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Note that Full Plate has better AC modifiers than Ankheg Armor.

Also, I don't approve of killing Drizzt as a paladin. *wags finger sternly*

Don't forget to carry around all the different AC belts and switching around depending on what you face. Also the Large Shield +2 if you need even more AC. Protection from Magic scrolls for certain battles.
  • You can also keep around the Helm of Defense in case you need the elemental resistances. I didn't see you mention an Amulet: The Greenstone Amulet is invaluable for solo runs for the immunities it conveys, so I would pick that up. It's a charged item, but you can sell it and buy it back to recharge it. When you're not using that you can use the Amulet of Spell Warding if you picked that up. Any ring that gives a useful utility effect is worth keeping around in case you need it; I'm thinking of the Ring of Energy and the Ring of Free Action in particular. Luckily, extra amulets and rings can be stored in the gem bag so they don't take up too much inventory space.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2013
    Best helm : Helm of Balduran (+1 THACO, +10 HP, +1 All Saves)
    Best armor : Full plate (Base AC 1)
    Best main hand weapon : Drizzt +5 Scimitar (+3 THACO/Damage, +2 AC)
    Best offhand weapon : Drizzt +3 Scimitar (+3 THACO/Damage, +Frost damage)
    Best shield : Shield +2 (+3 AC)
    Best bracer : Bracer of weapon expertize (+1 THACO / +2 Damage)
    Best amulet : Greenstone amulet
    Best cloak : Cloak of balduran (+1 AC / saves, +25% MR)
    Best Belt : Either Adoy's Belt Or +4 AC vs Blunt Belt
    Best Ring 1 : Ring of Protection +2
    Best Ring 2 : Ring of fire protection / Ring of free action / Claw of Kazgaroth (+1 AC at the cost of 2 CON)
    Best Boots : Boots of speed

using these :
    With a 18 base dex, you'd have AC -13 at best, AC - 9 without Claw/Shield
    With a 19 Strength, you'd have a THACO of around 4 or so.
  • @Aranthys has got it, although I'd switch Twinkle to the off-hand and use the frost damage scimitar in the main-hand.
    Thanks for the help. So wait I am trying to get this straight because the Mirthil Chainmail Drizzt has has the same AC as full plate. And what I was referring to was that I couldnt use the +2 ring of protection because one of Drizzts swords(dont remember which one)offer a AC bonus and cant have that twice apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    The only AC bonuses that conflict are magical armor and items "of Protection." Any other AC bonuses, such as from Drizzt's Defender scimitar, should stack just fine.
    Huh thats wierd I will have to check my items out see what I am missing. Thanks.