Skip to content

How long do you think De'Arnise Hold would be able to stand without Charname's help?

Nalia usually requests your help during Day 1, but I also tend to leave the quest for a few days later, focusing on the city quests first. Always wonder if the Hold wouldn't just have fallen to the trolls in the meantime.

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Well, everytime I get there it is already full of trolls and must be reclaimed by force. Seems it is already fallen before you leave Athkatla.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Most of these quests give you a sense of immediacy but don't actually have a timer.

You can't stop it falling no matter how quickly you arrive, and Nalia always gives you the same "I've been waiting positively ages" dialogue.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Corvino said:

Most of these quests give you a sense of immediacy but don't actually have a timer.

You can't stop it falling no matter how quickly you arrive, and Nalia always gives you the same "I've been waiting positively ages" dialogue.

The game... it is... lying to us?? :'C
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    Calmar said:

Corvino said:

The game... it is... lying to us?? :'C

Not in the Underdark. I found that out the hard way

Post edited by AcridSyphilis on
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's a tough issue for developers (as well as players, preferences vary a lot) - design quests with time limits and troublesome consequences and people will complain they get rushed and can't take their time and enjoy things at their own pace; and give unlimited time for everything and people complain it's unrealistic how the game won't respond to how quickly or slowly they get things done.
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Unless I want the Flail or Stronghold, I tend to wait quite a while before showing up to help. Oh, and when I say "quite a while", I mean so long the trolls would probably have eaten the servants and left the castle again by the time I actually get there. If the siege had different stages in the game that is.
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    If the trolls had intended to, the keep would probably get demolished almost immediately. Considering how useless their guards were.

Charname drops the drawbridge to the keep. De'Arnise guards crosses the bridge and enters the gate. A fight with the troll army ensues and Charname joins in the fight. De'Arnise archers shoots the trolls once and enters keep, leaving charname and his party to fight alone. Charname enters the keep only to find two De'Arnise guards getting beaten senseless by a troll. Charname comes and knocks the troll down and saved their arse.

De'Arnise guard: "We've done all we can, Charname. The rest is up to you."

Wha? Wtf? You've done nothing!