Skip to content

Mace of Disruption +2 (Spoiler!)

I have a good news for you, o'mighty roleplaying advanturers.

I found a legit way to get the real Illithium to Sir Sarles AND also get it back for the Mace :)

Summon a Pit Fiend (using the Spell Gate, Level 7, without using Protection from Evil and enjoy the killing without losing any reputation :) The whole house will turn hostile however, but I guess that would be normal. Nobody is hostile outside the house. Just make sure not to kill anybody :)

Enjoy your 200 pounds of real Illithium from Sir Sarles body.

I certainly would be mad at you if you came to summon a Pit Fiend in my house!

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    How do you roleplayingly justify summoning a pit fiend for no reason in a nobles house?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Don't you lose reputation for it? I had a problem with a beggar outside the Copper Coronet and I decided to gate in a demon to "accidentally" get him killed and, well, let's just say it caused more problems than it solved.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Well, you can simply attack a lone guard in the government district, let him follow you inside the noble house, charm Sir Sarles, turn invisible and let the guard kill the charmed artist. Afterward, if you feel like lawful evil, unequip your weapons and punch everyone on the ground.

• MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Is there any real penalty to just giving him the fake ore, though?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This is no new-thing, I must admit I did it with a Nabbasau from a mage scroll I got from a random drop (it was MIGHTY random drop) in this case and I killed it later, Anomen used the mace like a killer, um, undead slayer :P
  • Mitchfork said:

Is there any real penalty to just giving him the fake ore, though?

Nope. Give him the fake ore, it will tick him off and he'll leave. (I usually just drop the real ore while I'm talking to him, then pick it up after.) Then go to whichever temple and tell them Sarles wasn't happy; they'll accept the chunk of alloy as 'art' and you'll get the normal quest reward, and still keep the ore to use for upgrading the mace.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I think you wont get the special reward if your PC is a cleric. Cleric gets the temple as stronghold and pissing off the artist labels you as insincere in helping your temple.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Don't know if its compatible with EE but there is one mod that gives you a little extra chunk of illithium that you can use for the mace after you give the big chunk to the artist.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    you get 10,000 less xp by giving him the alloy instead of the real ore
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    also you need lady Jystev for Jan's quest so if you get her killed you are screwed as far as keeping Jan in your party for SoA
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013

Don't know if its compatible with EE but there is one mod that gives you a little extra chunk of illithium that you can use for the mace after you give the big chunk to the artist.

Saerileth mod allows you to go to Sigil for a moment where you can buy illithium from a bartender. And yes, it is EE compatibile.
    Oh the one I was thinking of was the item pack. Never played Saerileth.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Lathlaer said:

Saerileth mod allows you to go to Sigil for a moment where you can buy illithium from a bartender. And yes, it is EE compatibile.
    Why would a bartender have illithium? O_o
    He moonlights as a smuggler? I dunno
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    @Fafnir

He's one of the bartenders who has also a shop. Like Bernard in Copper Coronet. Some nice other items too, like Reaching Ring (additional arcane spells from 5,6 and 7th level). Besides - who cares? It's Sigil. A place where you can find celestials and lower demons several feet from each other.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    bbear said:

I think you wont get the special reward if your PC is a cleric. Cleric gets the temple as stronghold and pissing off the artist labels you as insincere in helping your temple.

Walkthroughs indicate that you get your choice of reward regardless of the method you complete the quest (if you're a Cleric). Doesn't appear to affect the stronghold quest progression, either. You do miss out on a chunk of XP, though, and if your main character is not a Cleric you may miss out on the static quest reward (the Helm of Glory). Unfortunately, I can't confirm any of this since I've never played the game with a Cleric PC (until my current run, and I'm not yet to this block of quests).

A better question is why Cromwell needs 200 pounds of pure illithium to enhance a mace, especially when the weight is unchanged from the original Mace of Disruption. I think Cromwell might be pocketing some of that ore for himself, greedy bastard.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Lathlaer said:

@Fafnir

He's one of the bartenders who has also a shop. Like Bernard in Copper Coronet. Some nice other items too, like Reaching Ring (additional arcane spells from 5,6 and 7th level). Besides - who cares? It's Sigil. A place where you can find celestials and lower demons several feet from each other.

Maybe, but it's also the Saerileth Mod... not only that, you don't get to control when you go to Sigil. Mary Sue McGamehog gets abducted and you either must go to Sigil then and there or never go at all. Hope you've been gathering lots of gold.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Fafnir said:

Why would a bartender have illithium? O_o

Do not expect logic from that mod.

Instead, expect suffering.

You will suffer! You will ALL suffer!