Skip to content

Archer bonus to thac0 and damage bonuses stop at 20?

jacob_jacob_ Member Posts: 8
It doesn't appear to be increasing with every 3 levels as before (no bonus at level 21). Does this also apply to Kensais?

Comments

• HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    It slows down. I think to every 5 levels, but I'm not entirely sure. Kensai's bonus stays at every three levels.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Not that it really matters for thaco, My archer ended up with -21 or -24 thaco.. forgot which. The lowest AC mob is demogorgon at -12 i think? Gives you a 100% chance to hit him, even if he gets all the AC buffs in the game.

Also, see if you get the bonus at lvl22 instead, the bonus is every 3 levels, but probably starting with the second bonus at lvl4, making the next bonus at lvl22, then 25, and so on.
  • jacob_jacob_ Member Posts: 8
    No it's always been every 3 levels with the proficiencies... does it really slow down? Is it documented anywhere?
  • The original ToB manual notes a few changes to kit ability progressions on page 10. For Archers: "18th Level: To hit and damage bonus slows down to a rate of -1 every 5 levels."

This page also notes a few other high level features, like Monk AC gain slowing down and MR capping, Wizard Slayers slowing their MR progression, Clerics getting holy symbols, and Druids getting immunity to poison and elemental resistances.
  • jacob_jacob_ Member Posts: 8
    Ah, thank you!
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Kaigen

I thought WS MR was supposed to speed up, since until ToB I think they only gain 1% MR/level
  • @Dragonspear You're right, I didn't read that part closely.
  • rakanishurakanishu Member Posts: 8
    @Kaigen Thanks for the heads up! I was getting mad with my Black Pits 2 Archer.
    IMHO the lack of a unified, complete, up-to-date, accurate, etc. manual/wiki/whatever is one of the worst issues in this game.