Skip to content

[Known 7414] *Spoiler* Hexxat in ToB automatically

ZubaczZubacz Member Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I didn't touch Hexxat's quest, not even having talked to Clara, however the vampire Hexxat appears in Amkethran in the Tavern for some reason. She also responds as if I only dropped her from my party.

It might be a small thing for this queen of bugged NPCs, but I suppose if I never freed her from the tomb she should still be there, locked up, keeping her CluaConsole and glitch-googling quests to herself:)
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    What you describe is a little strange, but no more so than the companions that start out in Irenicus' dungeon with you whether you adventured with them or not. Although it is possible that there could be some text adjustments, I wouldn't hold out much hope for this situation being changed. I say that because
    in the pocket plane, even before proceeding to Amkethran, you are able to summon any of the companions without regard for past events. This includes Hexxat, and even Yoshimo. The Fate Spirit explains (cryptically) that these souls have been touched by your destiny and so are entwined with it. Somehow this can extend to people that you haven't adventured with, or possibly even people that you have never personally met.

It would be nice if the game tracked past associations and carried forward information about them. I don't expect that to be implemented, though.
  • CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    She showed up in my game as well... despite having been killed by my PC after he refused to give her the cloak. She seemed quite happy to see him.

@Emptiness: Actually, I wasn't able to summon Yoshimo to the pocket plane, the option was there but the game told me he was dead. I'm not sure what happens if you never took him to Spellhold, though.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Even from the first version of vanilla TOB, you cannot summon Yoshimo in any situation. You always get the dead comment. He dies even if you don't take him to spellhold. If you left him at the Copper Coronet, the first time you come back in Chapter 6, there will be a death animation letting you know he bit it.
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Same thing happened to me - I'd never met either version of her in my game, and yet she's all "glad to see you again"
    There was a response to the effect of "wish I could say the same", but it implied my character HAD met her before but was everything but glad to see her again.

Maybe an option like "Wait, who are you again?" would be easier to add than making her initial dialogue based on a variable that determines whether you've met her or not.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2013
    It doesn't make much sense that you can summon people via Fate Spirit in ToB that you may never even have encountered in SoA, but you can in the vanilla game.

If you want to change things so you can only summon people who are alive and whom you've met, you can install the Improved Fate Spirit Summoning component of the BG2 Tweak Pack, which ensures that you only get the option to summon people whom you've met and are still alive.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013
    @Cherudek: Ah...I didn't actually try calling him, so I would probably have gotten the same result. I didn't take him to spellhold, but
    when I returned to the Copper Coronet afterwards he spontaneously dropped dead when I entered.

Edit: Oh, and now I see that this was all said already by AcridSyphilis.