Skip to content

What items did you bring from BGEE?

I just finished BGEE and I am installing BG2EE. Which items should I bring?
Save attached.

Comments

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll find much better stuff in BG2/TOB than any of the importable items.

EDIT: listen to Kurumi
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    You can't bring items anymore. They fixed the pause glitch at the start of BG2. As far as I know, the only way to bring items now is to add them with EEKeeper.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    I never leave BG without pantaloons ;) !!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You can bring items with this mod, glitch or not. It'll let you find powerful BG1-items like the cloak of Balduran, gauntlets of ogre power, Evermemory, bracers of archery, and so on in SoA.
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    I finised BG2EE years ago and completed the pantaloon quest :)
    But as I recall you got all the items you had on you and a few more such as the balduran items
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Naastriil No, all items are removed when you import from BG1, with very few exceptions, such as the pantaloons.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You also find up to 2 of your items (from 2 set lists). Balduran's helm is one. His cloak isn't in BG2 at all, though. Likely because it was seen as unbalanced.
    I just finished level 1 and I got the helm of balduran and the neckless taht gives you 1 2nd level spell
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    Golden Pantaloons, Helm of Balduran and Chain Mail +3. I highly recommend the helm, it's great. The Chain Mail +3 is quickly replaced.

I'm not sure the necklace is an import. From what I've seen, it's not on those lists. I did find it in the first dungeon though.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    The Metaspell Influence Necklace is static treasure, it's always there whether you had it on you in the first game or not. Nice little item for that point in the game as well, although level 2 mage spells are generally not that good compared to other levels.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    Mitchfork said:

Nice little item for that point in the game as well, although level 2 mage spells are generally not that good compared to other levels.

Mirror Image, Strength, Milf's, and Glitterdust are all level 2 and all amazing spells. I would even add Web and Invisibility to the list and make the argument that level 2 is the best all around utility/crowd control level.

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

Milf's,

I see you got the extra enhanced edition :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

You also find up to 2 of your items (from 2 set lists). Balduran's helm is one. His cloak isn't in BG2 at all, though. Likely because it was seen as unbalanced.

Even if you make the character in BG2 you find the helm, it's not an item you drag from bg anymore. In the old game, you had a list of 3 sets of items that could be dragged to BG2, one with Illytch (the duergar), one in the first danger room (where you find the metainfluence amulet) and one with the Djinn in the air elemental plane.

However even in the old game the strings were always inactive for the 3° import (the Djinn).
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390

Mitchfork said:

Nice little item for that point in the game as well, although level 2 mage spells are generally not that good compared to other levels.

Mirror Image, Strength, Milf's, and Glitterdust are all level 2 and all amazing spells. I would even add Web and Invisibility to the list and make the argument that level 2 is the best all around utility/crowd control level.

Agreed on Mirror Image and Glitterdust. Those are must-haves. I also like Blur, and it stacks with Mirror Image, but it's probably better to just get another Mirror Image instead.

Strength can be good depending on your party composition... I actually thought that it was a self-only spell until I just looked it up. Putting it on a frontliner like Rassad, Mazzy, or Keldorn could be neat and it has a long duration. May have to use that in future runs (it would barely help me in my current one). Thanks for pointing that one out.

Melf's Acid Arrow... I dunno. I'm not much of a fan but I haven't used it that much. Maybe I should try it out and see what I'm missing.

Surely Web loses out in Shadows of Amn as enemies make their saving throws more reliably? It's very good in BG1 though. My current party is very melee-focused so I don't know if it would be a good fit for me.

Invisibility is good for dungeon-crawling but even then tends to get nuked at high levels by True Sight. However, it is very good for BG1 and the early SoA.

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    The Maz gets her own version of Strength and it's even better.

Web is a nice one because it has a -2 penalty to save and it forces anyone inside to roll every round. That's really good because with one cast you can force an enemy to roll to save 10 times and if they fail even once they take a ton of damage.

I agree most of these spells are only good in the earlier parts of SoA. (I guess Mirror Image stays useful but I keep forgetting to cast it and Blur is a stacking bonus but I really can't be bothered). At the point you get the amulet, though, they can be lifesavers.

I don't like Melf's AA either, though I hear it's nice for interrupting casters. But every caster I meet runs (minor) globe of invulnerability and is unaffected.
    edited December 2013
    In old 2nd Edition rules, conjuration/summoning spells were not subject to magic resistance. MAA was the best offensive spell until lower resistance was cast.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    Naastriil said:

I just finished BGEE and I am installing BG2EE. Which items should I bring?
    Save attached.

get pantalons;
    helmet of change aligment(for dorn that he can use krasmir);
    Drizzt item can be use use untill bhodi is dead then are taken from you(i sugest use only drizzt armor for game balance)-very power full don't us on first stage of the game;
    cloak of balduran;-very power full don't us on first stage of the game
    2 handed sword of free action it not so power full but usfull and ther isn't in all game;
    the claw of kazgaroth;
    kiel's bukler (for jan or hexxat) +1 dex;
    honoray of ring of sune(1-4 prist spell in game get it can only cleric as your main hero);
    basterd sword- albruin +1(dorn quest);
    kiel's helmet helpful on early stage of game;
    if you spare a book busting stats you can youse them in bg2 now!!!-very power full don't us on first stage of the game

how to do that you can find her it is little cheating i worn you;P

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26715/karsomir-and-dorn-can-be-together-and-bring-slaughter-to-the-faerun-d-with-little-cheat#latest

my hero with all of that

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    kamuizin said:

Even if you make the character in BG2 you find the helm, it's not an item you drag from bg anymore. In the old game, you had a list of 3 sets of items that could be dragged to BG2, one with Illytch (the duergar), one in the first danger room (where you find the metainfluence amulet) and one with the Djinn in the air elemental plane.

However even in the old game the strings were always inactive for the 3° import (the Djinn).
    Its always been that way. The Helm is the top-of-the-list item on one list. If you have no items on the list it defaults to the Helm. I can't remember what Illytch defaults to: Chainmail+2, maybe?
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    As others had already mentioned, items from BG1 don't carry over to BG2 other than the few specified (i.e., platoons) which can be found in

The locked painting

And the exploit to bring over the items was already fixed by EE. Helm of Balduran, metawhatevername necklace and other magical items found in the dungeon are going to be there regardless of whether or not you imported the characters with the items. Wouldn't worry too much about it though, you'll be getting much better items later on.
    edited December 2013
    I wish I could bring some of my gold :)
    I had about 300.000 gold.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    Naastriil said:

I wish I could bring some of my gold :)
    I had about 300.000 gold.

gold you ern werry quickly in bg2 a get 20000 when i only finished copper cornet qeust without basment and slave in other bulding. true i was steling moust iteam that i needed by Jan ;)

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    You can import two items, 1 armor 1 misc from a chart the items are Protector of the Second, Mail of the Dead +2, Fallorain's Plate, Missile Attraction +2, or Chainmail +3 for the armor transfer. Helm of Balduran, Claw of Kazgaroth, Horn of Kazgaroth, Korveras' Ring of Protection +1 for the misc transfer. You can only get one of each and the defaults are Mail of The Dead +2 and Helm of Balduran.

Soooo apparently I posted this in the Blade HLA forum instead of here last night... had too many tabs open.