Skip to content

Watcher's Keep loot changes? *Spoilers*

So I finished lvl 2 of Watchers Keep right after finishing the Underdark and:

Defeated the Chromatic Demon. I remember the demon dropping a Netheril Circlet and something else before, but he only dropped the key now. Has this been changed with EE or is it because I'm in the Keep during SoA?

Comments

• RealReal Member Posts: 68
    Have you try reloading and rekilling him? If I remembered correctly, if you used your ice magic as a finishing move, it may 'freeze' him and destroy his loot.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    He has the Circlet. Killed him just few hours ago :)
  • ParoniParoni Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    Real said:

Have you try reloading and rekilling him? If I remembered correctly, if you used your ice magic as a finishing move, it may 'freeze' him and destroy his loot.

Bugger, that must be it. I used a Wand of Frost to finish him off.

EEKeeper, here I come!

Edit: thanks for the advice!

• RealReal Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2013
    This applies to all creatures that can be frozen. If you knew where the items are found or are reading a guide, great. For people who are new, it is best if they don't use the disintegration/petrification/ice spells. I remember freezing a certain mage with ice spells on one of my sorcerer and then wondering where her infamous invisible staff of awesomeness went.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    Real said:

This applies to all creatures that can be frozen. If you knew where the items are found or are reading a guide, great. For people who are new, it is best if they don't use the disintegration/petrification/ice spells. I remember freezing a certain mage with ice spells on one of my sorcerer and then wondering where her infamous invisible staff of awesomeness went.

or you can just turn off gore, and frozen enemies will not chunk anymore, saving said items.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This happened to me with Kaishas in the werewolf island, and I couldn't go back ;(
    Then, EEKeeper saved my life, and the PC.