Skip to content

How to permanently reorder party in multiplayer?

I saw this problem in the original BG and I'm surprised it wasn't changed for BG2 let alone BG2EE... if I reorder party members with the mouse, the new order is not saved. In single player it does remember the new order, but upon loading the savegame up in multiplayer the original order is still there. The only way I found previously to fix this was to remove party members from the party and re-add them in the desired order, but this is also not without problems -- once removed, many NPC's choose to leave. I've resorted to console cheats to pluck them back into the party before they walked off the screen, but I have to think this risks blowing up the NPC scripting and is not a method I'd prefer to use.

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Are you playing alone or with other someone else?
    If you play with others, then I don't know how to help you.
    However, if you play alone, just copy multiplayer saves into singleplayer saves folder and continue playing as single player. It will additionally save you ticking all characters on each load =]
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    Yes, there's a reason I'm playing multiplayer.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Move your saved game to the single player folder, change the party order as you like it, save the game, move again your saved game to the multiplayer folder.
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    Did you read my OP?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Nerva said:

Did you read my OP?

No, actually I didn't. Since it works for me.
    Anyway, another thing you can do is to hit Pause, point the mouse on the chars and (with debug mode activated) Ctrl+K/Ctrl+Q fix their position, without triggering the dialogs.