Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Openening container - unneeded repositioning of view

BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 391
I'd like to file a bug of the user interface – this could also affect BG2:EE but i have not played that yet.
(could also be a request, but as it is an annoyance, i call it "bug".)

Wrong behaviour:
If opening a container with a character, then the buttons bar at the bottom of the screen is hidden and only the container content and inventory can be seen. This hiding of the buttons bar causes a re-positioning of the view on the background for the height of the button bar itself. So if quickly clicking through several containers in a room (when looting or lock picking) then one constantly misses the next click target due to the re-positioning – also the visual impression of "jumping" around the view is distracting.

Expected behaviour:
The button bar hides, but the screen is not repositioned (or it is compensated for the shift). The result is a much smoother experience, as visually there is no jump, and targetting the next container is more easy.