Skip to content

Gesen/Tansheron still bugged in BG2EE?

In BG2, there was a bug with projectile weapons that don't require ammunition, where if you had ammunition equipped it'd still be taken into account when determining damage. This also changed Gesen's normally slow lightning bolt projectiles into fast arrows. If I recall correctly, these bugs were unfixable by mods since they don't have access to engine source code.

Since Overhaul has this access, has this bug been fixed in BG2EE? If yes, does it mean Gesen now permanently shoots slow projectiles with no hope of changing that?

Also as a more general question, is there any list (fan compiled or made by Overhaul) about changes between BG2 and BG2EE, however minor. I just found out from other topic that Wrath Trial in Hell no longer gives +1 Primary Stat on top of +2 STR. I'm glad bugs are getting fixed but as a minmaxer it's a nightmare to figure out these kinds of things when planning characters without any kind of patch notes.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    There is currently a quirk that the Gesen shoots arrows when arrows are equipped, and that it gives those arrows a damage bonus (though I don't think they count as +4).

I'm not sure about a changelog myself, though I'd be as intrigued as you.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Well Gesen without arrows on a thief does roughly 2-2 or 4-4 damage depending on proficiencies, but if you put arrows on it the bow does normal damage.
  • What's worse is the Sling of Everard +5...if you give it enchanted bullets (like the Bag of Plenty +2), the hit and damage bonuses stack. The bullets will have the enchantment level of whatever you have equipped rather than the default +5 that the sling fires on its own, but still. Combined with slings getting both Str and Dex bonuses to hit, it's silly.

In my current game Viconia is walking around with a -10 THAC0 (base of 6, -1 for Legacy of the Masters, -5 for her 23 Str from Girdle of Fire Giant Str and Holy Symbol of Talos, -3 for 19 Dex, -5 for the sling, -2 for the magical bullets). Her damage range is 19-22. And I can bump that up to -12 THAC0, damage 21-24 with the limited supply of +4 bullets available. For a SLING. Cespenar can say they're for sissies, but he's clueless. :)