Skip to content

Charisma all the way!

WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
Not a too serious thread, as this suggestion is pretty darn game changing, but how about limiting the party size to CHARNAME's charisma. It is after all always CHARNAMe's quest everybody is going on.
OR some characters require a certain amount of charisma to even join your party.
This would make charisma the shit.

Comments

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    It would make sure Charisma isn't a dump stat. I mean everyone you talk to wants too kill you or is going to help you no matter what. When it comes to buying stuff I just send Imoen to talk to the shop keepers and bat her eye lashes for the discounts high charisma give.
  • RunarielRunariel Member Posts: 13
    Nice idea, but would not work at all because then charisma would also determine how easy or hard fights are (as you fight enemies of the same strength with two, five or eight characters).
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It would be way too game-changing, both in terms of balance/game mechanics and in the sense of making charisma a must-have stat even if you just like a big party for the sake of banters.

A more reasonable implementation if so would be to make low levels of charisma work like a permanent negative luck effect, giving a -1 or -2 penalty for all party member rolls. This would punish making it a dump stat, but still not provide an automatic bonus just for rolling a paladin.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Very nice idea, but I would say no thanks to the rebalancing that would be required, plus what about Paladins? You get a guaranteed 17 in Charisma (I know cos I always play Paladins), which unbalances them in this sort of system.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Everyone would immediately max their charisma because not having it makes the game MUCH harder and makes you miss out on quests, banters, romances, etc.
    Include it in more quests to get better rewards or easier ways to get information. Tying it to party size is way too powerful, even if the difference would only be 1-2 partymembers in the end.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I like how NWN's aroura engine worked. It could have check-sums (is that the proper thing?) that check your intelligence and gives you proper responses based on how high or low it is.