Skip to content

I have a request for any who are fans of Snake Plisken or Deathstroke or Nick Fury-type badasses :P

I'm an idiot and don't know how to make portraits work on BG 2 EE or BG 1 EE. I'm not a complete idiot, but definitely an idiot. I Do know how to download ones people have made and make them work, I think. (at least I did for the original versions, I'm sure I can follow instructiosn on how to do it)

Anyway, I will be combing over for portraits that are ready and work that you good folk have done. But what I need is a portrait of a half-elf and an elf, two versions, one with a goatee, one without a goatee. That's the only difference I'm looking for in the two portraits, which I believe should be rather easy to remove and add for those that are good at this? I hope so, anyway, if not, one or the other would make me happy. I suppose if I had to be one just an elven version would do....I'm kinda having problems deciding if I want to be a full-elf or a half-elf, pr maybe a half-elf that is half-drow (Which is my true intention)

The character WILL have some Drow, Dwarf, and Trollkin blood in him, as well as essence of dragon. From his mother's side. The long and short of her story is she is a swordswoman who is outright capable of defeating guys like Artemis Enteri, Drizzt, their female love-triangle counterpart and equal in combat, Dahlia Sinfell (or Sinfay? Anyway... :P)

She was just that badass,or was. Until Bhaal killed her. Whom she proved to be a surprising match for, even 8 months pregnant. With his seed, and she was one of the few women to ever come after him after he had romanced them or raped them. In her case it was a rape. The form Baal took when he raped her was that of an Elf, that of all Elves. Drow, Wild, Sun, Ariel, Moon. He did it because he had found someone unique in the CHARNAME's mother, that she could produce a progeny truly worthy of ascension.

The mother, and former lover of Gorion was already the product of a reunion many had considered most unholy. a Half-Drow outcast for a father, and a Wild Elven Ranger, for a mother. CHARNAME's grandparents.

CHARNAME himself will look highly Elven. The only reason I'd wanted hi mto have a goatee at all is I was playing around with the idea that his mother also had some dwarven blood in him, not human.

His mother is the product of magical experimentation, she was given the essence of multiple races to enhance her physical qualities and turned into a living weapon using a variation of Mordekedins Sword (I know I misspelled that). These abilities passed onto CHARNAME. Or Slade Il'San (His character, look and powerset is influenced by my favorite anti-hero since the Punisher, Slade Wilson, or Deathstroke.)

Slade has a pale-gray hue, he lost an eye in his battle with Sarevok, and has a bad right knee from when he was captured by Irenicus's assassins, a javelin right through, he should have lost the leg if it weren't for his healing-factor. In spite of the ability to heal from almost any mortal wound, as well as revive from the dead, but in a temporary beserker state, he cannot completely heal from the loss of a limb. During the battle with Sarevok the wound inflicted upon him was an upward swing from Sarevok's greatsword, which was known to suck out the life-essence of anyone he fought. Temporarily negating CHARNAME's healing abilities and thus maiming him with a scar across his left eye, and no left eye as well.

He covers it with a black, leather-stitched eyepatch. He has silver hair with (even with the Elven portrait) some thin silver stubble forming a semi-goatee. He has no jewelry on his face minus a small diamond stud in one ear and on his lips. Stylistic for certain places, silly for others, but to him they serve te purpose of protecting him from poisons and the wail of a banshee, and other sonic attacks. The diamonds have a slight blood-hue to them.

Physically he is nearly 6'1, just a hair under. Tall for any elf, and fairly tall for many humans. He is very muscular, with broad shoulders, but he has a very small gut from his addiction to ale and some other drugs and mystical physcadelics. (yee-haw!). His good eye is red with specks of gold, and has an eternity of rage hidden behind it, the look of a pure killer.

For clothing he wears stark-black leather with a leather hood he wears up for stealth, and to avoid heavy crowds as he is sometimes noticed for his drow heritage but can usually pass as a slightly dark/pale Moon Elf. He pulls his hood down for combat (in most cases, unless he wants to embarrass someone.) Or if he wishes to just feel the breeze. So having the hood on him is entirely optional. But black studded leather (some chain is totally acceptable, but he is a fighter/thief). He carries a Jeweled Dagger that weighs heavily in his hand but retains a perfect balance, as well as a short sword resembling a Gladius (not necessary, any sword will do), a bastard sword either on his back, though he rarely draws it (but is very good with it, he prefers to use his dagger as his main weapon), but when he does he is known throughout Baldur's Gate and it's surroudning lands to leave his most enemies he regards with the upmost contempt hacked to pieces. In secret he does it to satisfy is dark lust for carnage, he feels Imoen and Jaheria keep him "chaotic, but good"

He has a brace on his right knee to help him walk normally and run normally. His knee continues to heal so at the time of the picture the brace would be optional. It would be made of metal and forged by a Dwarven mastersmith and developed by Jan Jansen, so it can look as simple and functional or strange-yet-functional (considering Jan) as you'd like. Or not be there at all.

A Bow being featured on the character is also optional, through I'd prefer a dagger and sword or multiple swords, or having him fully cloaked to cover most of his armor and weapons but having the eyepatch, silver hair is an absolute must. Even that Elven picture of the silver-haired elf who has all the jewelry on him, that's the one I'm using right now, btw, that one could be modified to look like this rather easily, darken the armor and the skin, remove the face painting and jewelry, add an eyepatch, that would work.

I'm adding the description that I am so, depending on your process as an artist, I'm trying to cover all ground. some people like to get in the heads of the character s they are drawing, some like an elaborate description, some like a basic. So I hope I provided enough here, I will of course answer any questions and will take, enjoy, and use any and all portraits made for me.

If anyone else wants a character like this, a one-eyed badass half-elf or elven type, feel free to provide the description of the male character or female character you'd like, or if you'd just like the type of portrait I'm describing, voice your desires here and let's get this bring this bad boy to life! :D

Comments

• Well, I Think I found the one I'd like to have made into the portrait, it's PERFECT. Almsot exactly how I imagined him. I'd love to have an eyepatch put over and his armor darkened, but even if it was just made into a portrait file for me that'd be aweomse
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @BoxingJoeCannabyte I hate to break this to you, but it's outright stated in Realms lore that the offspring of an elf and a dwarf, while possible, is going to look like a taller dwarf. So sayeth Elminster and so sayeth Ed Greenwood, his creator and creator of the Realms. Dwarven half-breeds are possible with Elves, humans, gnomes and halflings, but the result is a taller (or shorter in the case of gnomes and halflings) dwarf. Even if the half-dwarf marries another elf, the dwarven genes seem to take precedence. It's not like Dark Sun where half-dwarves are called Muls (pronounced mules) and are hairless and sterile, anyone who agrees to become the mate of a dwarf and expand the race is lionized, for caring about the dwarves and wishing to see them survive.

Also, half-Drow exist and are known as Crintri. They come from Dambrath and came about when the Drow were hired as mercenaries and instead took over the land for themselves and intermarried with the nobility. ("Crintri" actually means "Noble ones") They tend to have an ashy-gray tone to their skin rather than the true black of full-blooded Drow. However, you might go with an Albino Drow instead. We know there was at least one that appeared in the Maztica series. She masqueraded as a Moon Elf and was the lover of the leader of the expedition across the sea. Her job was to lead the Drow there to conquer the new lands. However, she ultimately failed and was turned into a snow-white Drider for her failure. They also have a name (from 3e) and are called Szarkai. They are rare, but exist. The one in the Maztica books used the false name Darien. Her skin was bone-white (so, sort of creamy and slightly yellowish rather than a true paper white.)

It's no biggie if you just want to play Cable, but try to make the background fit Realms lore, y'know? :)
  • I know about the lore :)

Interestingly enough I was reading about the Cintri last night as I escaped Irenicus's dungeon. As for the picture. It's perfect for the elven baalspawn I am picturing in my head. So dwarf blood or no, the pic I posted is osmething I'd really like to have turned into a portrait.

I also said I wasn't 100% on having him be part dwarf or not. As for him being Cable, I'd be happy with a Slade Wilson one as well, if anyone would be down for that :P, Elven-Cable is awesome, btw!

I'd also argue that having the essence of racial traits magically infused into a person is a bit different than cross-breeding through natural means. But if it's that big of a deal we can just say my character has no Dwarven blood in him, but the background I've written out still stands. It's bigger than what I've written out here, as I'm sure many here do, I've written out several pages worth for my own amusement and role playing fun.

Any discrepancies in lore aren't too big of a deal to me, depending entirely on what it is. Anyway, if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it greatly :)