Skip to content

Random new stuff in BGII:EE?

I haven't gone through all the houses in Athkatla and elsewhere, but it seems to me that there's not much new content anywhere. Is that right? I mean, there's that new guarded door at Waukeen's Promenade that you notice right away (and can possibly access later), but is there anything else?

This is not a complaint, by the way. I quite like all the new stuff. I'm just wondering if there's a new minor encounter / character / quest somewhere. One that is not intricately tied to any of the new NPCs.

Anyone found anything?

Comments

• MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    The new stuff is pretty much all connected to the new NPCs (including the door you mentioned), so no, not a lot of random stuff. Beyond that it's mostly bug fixes, interface enhancements etc.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Kinda makes me sad. It would have been cool to find some new items scattered about, like the Stupifier in BGEE.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Maylander: Yeah, I've been behind that door.

@Eudaemonium: I agree. It would have been wonderful to have, for instance, someone new at some bar somewhere, giving you a new minor quest. Or a new random encounter. Anything.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    The new character quests are all very long with their own twists and random sub quests so that kinda counts...
  • shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    I think mods will fill it up. Unless game is fully patched up that's more important
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @kryptix: Of course. Still, the amount of joy you get from small additions cannot be underestimated. (Heck, I would have been happy to write five to ten minor new encounters myself...)