Skip to content

Editing BG2 kits Questions

ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
I have a question. I want to give one of my custom kits, the stunning effect I get from Celestial Fury. The ability has a name for itself, called Booming Thunder but my question is, is there an actual Booming Thunder spell file? I'm trying to assign that skill to my new kit. Meaning, when my archer levels to 20, he gets that stun on hit effect. Is there a spell file that Celestial Fury is connected to? I'm using Near Infinity to edit my kits.

Additionally, if I want to give a character the ability to level drain enemies, I can assign Energy Drain to his attacks as part of his kit. But how can I make it so that the Energy Drain stacks on top of each other? Like how enemy Vampires can constantly level drain you lower and lower. How can I make Energy Drain cumulative?

Comments

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Celestial fury's effect is added to the weapon itself with individual components.

To make your own booming thunder ability you will have to make it from scratch yourself.

What you want is level drain not energy drain as I do believe that energy drain the spell does not stack.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Damn. Celestial Fury's effect is gonna be hard to mimic, because sometimes I see the stunninng effect work its magic even if you don't really hit the target. Maybe someone could make one for me? lol jk
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Well the best way to make the ability would be to pull up celestial fury in the editor then use the effects it uses in your new ability as weapons and abilities use the same list.