Skip to content

Neera and Wilson questions

1. If I kick Neera out of the party in SoA (I've just done her quests), can I still fully complete her quests in ToB?
2. What are the preconditions for getting Wilson to join (have done wild mage quests, have not done the monk quests)?
3. I understand that Wilson is a grizzly bear. Do grizzly bears get HLAs?

Yes, I like to plan ahead :)

Comments

• ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    1. not sure (since I'm holding of ToB for now) but you should be able to do her ToB quest
    as far as I can see, kicking people out of your party does not break questchains.
    You can i.e. kick Dorn out after his first quest and continue later, so I seriously doubt that
    meeting her in the Nine Hells/Abyss (not sure where the plane is, sorry =P) is any different.
    ..I don't understand why you would leave her alone tho, she is awesome! =/

2. you actually don't need the Wild Mage camp to recruit him.. to recruit him, look into the spoilers
    go to the twofold temple, talk to the caged bear, free him, meet him again when you are leaving the area - he is still unnamed- he is near the entrance of the map, you don't need to finish
    the quest for that, BUT you need to talk to him BEFORE finishing rasaads quest in the temple

3. he gets the Ranger HLAs (looked at that via maxing his xp, cuz I was curious =P)
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377

I guess I do want to bring Neera. The only thing that annoys me (but it *is* really annoying) is that she was 700k XP behind when I found her. That's not good.

I have another playthrough in the making. I'll be sure to bring Wilson then. I don't know if he's any good, but I never brought a bear along before. Have to try it.
    edited December 2013
    Well, I have to admit, I'm annoyed by the gaps that happen too (especially since I always take Imoen with me x_x). Most of the time I cheat them closer to my level (giving them 50k-100k less than the inexperienced of my party, the exact amount depends on the overall amount of xps ^^)

My only problem with Wilson is his lack of banter.. he is decent (and can't use equipment) but always so silent.. oh well, he is a joke character after all ^^
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    Is that... legal? I mean he is a bear after all :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Must be a Druid or have polymorph self.
    Damn.. Now I have to think about Cernd being a Werewolf x_x
    I guess his "call" towards druidhood included a wolf.. Oh, well, you shouldn't discriminate
    people, just because they are zoop...druids ^_^
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Is there ACTUALLY a Wilson romance, or is that a joke? I naturally assume it's a joke, but this IS a game.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Elrandir said:

Is there ACTUALLY a Wilson romance, or is that a joke? I naturally assume it's a joke, but this IS a game.

It's a joke, unamusingly enough.

He is not even a good character, although he DOES beat Valygar on the 'personality' thing, but honestly, WHAT doesn't?
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I figured, but when it comes to video games, I can never be too sure. And are you surprised? He's supposed to be a kensai, essentially. And we know what they're good for. At least he hits hard and has lots of health. He could be a decent offtank in SoA.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Somebody needs to mod that! Wilson the bear and Shapeshifters...

Romance away!
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Wilson lacks banter. The introduction, Volo's comment and epilogue are great, but more crazy banter would have made it awesome.

As a companion, i found him kind of useless. Specially in ToB where everyone else has boots of speed