Skip to content

Character consistency

Quick question here: if for example you boosted Viconia's wisdom with the wisdom tomes in BG:EE, does this also affect her stats in BG2:EE?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Nope.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I like to change it myself with the Keeper. Usually it's related to my character but sometimes to NPC's. I mean, no offense to BG1, I like it and I played it once to see the new content but my first love was always BG2. So I make a character and then use the Keeper to boost him to 161000 XP, give him +1 Str, Con, Dex, Int and Cha and +3 to Wis. To be just as if I played BG1 (would be quite tedious otherwise).
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Like Silverstar said.. nope, it doesn't.

But you can always use the console to add the tomes in BG2 and then use them on the char(s) you like in case you don't like Keeper or similar progs.

C:CreateItem("xxx")

instead of the xxx use..

BOOK03 (+1 Con)
    BOOK04 (+1 Str)
    BOOK05 (+1 Dex)
    BOOK06 (+1 Int)
    BOOK07 (+1 Chr)
    BOOK08 (+1 Wis)

.. so for adding the tome of wis it's C:CreateItem("BOOK08") for example.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    Aren't the stats for characters like Viconia and Jaheria completely different between BG and BG2 anyway, which is why we have the BG2Tweaks component to maintain their BG1 stats into BG2?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    All the returning characters (aside from Imoen and the EE NPCs) have stat boosts in BG2. Viconia gets +3 Wisdom. Jaheira gets +3 Dex. Edwin gets +1 Str and +1 Wisdom. Minsc gets something.