Skip to content

Candlekeep - Melissan run, doubts about Good Party

Hello folks, cerso here. As I stated on my Welcome post, I intend to do a Candlekeep - Melissan run with my fighter/thief, and I have some doubts about BGEE NPCs.

I wanna roll a good party, me as a fighter/thief neutral good, and 4 more NPCs. Imoen, Minsc and Dynaheir. I know I'm missing a holy dude for heals and stuff, so I got 2 options: Branwen and Yeslick. How early can I have Yeslick on my party? Because stat-wise he's much better than Branwen, and that nasty dispell :)

With this 5 guys I know I can beat the game smoothly and level up kinda fast, but I must get Yeslick fast, or I'll stick to Branwen till the end.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Well, you do have to reach chapter 4... I consider that pretty late given I tend to completely explore the world (except Baldur's Gate and the TotSC content) sometime in Chapter 3, but you can play that anyway you want. It's perfectly possible to rush for Cloakwood.

I think the minimum level that you can get Yeslick is 5, but his starting HP is actually good (compared to some other late-game NPC's that have really bad HP rolls) so this isn't a real downside.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You can either get a mod that puts Yeslick in an area you can access in early game or go with Branwen, who isn't so bad after all.
    Also, in BG:EE you don't really need a cleric as you do in BG2:EE, but it helps anyway.