Skip to content

Saemon Havarian

RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
In a possible BGIII, who would like the option to cut off Havarian's knob and bollocks?

I, for one, would like nothing more than to gut him with my pixie prick...

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A special layer in hell shall be made for him when I ascend to Godhood.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    I removed his belt of invulnerability in my game and saved and reloaded multiple times to chunk him.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Oh, that backstabbing bastard is overdue for some hot flaming justice.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited August 2012
    Hmm. I'd like option to add him as an NPC swashbuckler once you lose Yoshimo. Just me?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Corvino said:

Hmm. I'd like option to add him as an NPC swashbuckler once you lose Yoshimo. Just me?

Replacing someone who unwillingly betrays you for someone who willingly betrays you doesn't really seem like a very good replacement to me...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Well, as a recruitable NPC, you can willingly walk Saemon into a den of Umber Hulks. I call that a win.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited August 2012
    I'd just drag him out to some random part of the ocean on a ship and then cast imprisonment on him. Bye bye. Good luck having someone lucky enough to cast freedom on your behalf.
    edited August 2012
    He's got more personality than Cernd or Valygar, and they're joinable NPCs. Also, as discussed elsewhere there is a dearth of rogues in BG2. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

With regard to betrayals, wasn't he under a geas to Irenicus for the Spellhold fiasco, or am I making that up? The Desharik/Sahaugin/Silver Sword thing is a another matter, but I actually feel a bit sorry for him for being such a massive f***up.

There is also the old saying: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
    If I recall correctly, he said he had no choice, but basicly everything he says is a lie so probably that too.
    And I'd rather walk into hell by myself than taking that walking liability on the team.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    I totally want to see Saemon returning to stab me in the back and get away with it! XD
    I was furious when he drugged me (if you don't take Yoshimo with you it's Havarian's job), I was struck dumb when he betrayed me again with the Githyanki (I mean, again? Is this guy for real? The NERVE!) and when he came up to me in ToB, bold as you please... and then pulled the exact same shit on me as the last time... I just sat there in front of the computer and laughed for five minutes straight. The guy is unbelievable! In my head-canon, my goddified PC made it into a hobby to throw at Havarian the worst nastiness (monsters, famine, ill weather, occult fanatics, politicians, hordes of undead...), he can think of, and then just sit back with a tube of popcorn and watch how the guy works his way out of it; best entertainment until television comes! :D )
    @Syntia13
    Don't forget the time where you need to get off of Brynnlaw and he found 'a ship' which turns out to be the Pirate King's ship, and Saemon slept with his wife so he blames you for forcing him into stealing the ship.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Saemon continues to gets away with his cons because is able to provide things that the party desperately needs. He manages to make himself more or less indispensable.

I do like the idea of making him joinable after his final quest. That'd be a nifty DLC one day. A modder could also just go ahead and make that mod, I'd imagine.
    @Syntia13 He's already halfway there, from the looks of things. He keeps getting mixed up in stupid, dangerous stuff and lying, cheating and swindling to get out from under it. It almost makes him a stereotype of a smuggler/swashbuckler.

As for his ToB appearance - I'm right there with you. As soon as he appeared I was ready for the sudden but inevitable betrayal and laughed like a drain when it finally came off. Don't kill him, what's the point? He's always up to his neck in trouble anyway.
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Why kill him.. well.. to make sure he never pull shit like that on me again!!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Why kill him? Thats how you solve problems in d & d
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 23
    As much of a jerk as he is, I agree with @Lemernis about him being joinable. From what I can tell from my last playthrough, he may be a fool but he is pretty powerful!
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited August 2012
    i just can't see saemon being able to fit into any adventuring party. he has too much business of his own, let alone he is too chaotic and unwilling to put himself in danger to cooperate for any extended amount of time.

i love the line from valen's mod- "does it take the extra time to wash both of your faces in the morning, saemon?" .
    still, that backstabbing son of a bitch! i wish him well whenever he is... :P
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Corvino said:

I would too, but like every non-Yoshimo Thief, he is a dual classed Swash/Mage.
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    Saemon owns dude.

I always select the least aggressive dialogue options.

Remember that he helps you out in ToB.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Saemon owns dude.

I always select the least aggressive dialogue options.

Remember that he helps you out in ToB.
    He helps you out...by betraying you...
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    If he ever reappears in a killable-appearance, that son of a bitch is getting the Khalid treatment
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Aaahh I love Saemon, one of my favourite characters, when I saw him again in ToB I actually thought (call me an idiot), "oh ok, I think he might actually do right by me this time", hahaha oh silly me :P. But he is probably one of the most interesting characters in the game.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    Me? I just think, "When I become a God, Saemon will have time to remember every time he betrayed me, and to regret it... in the very long time known as 'Forever'." ::Chilly smile.::
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    When my char becomes a god I just refuse to take over my plane.. instead I make the whole god damn plane into one big torture cell and place saemon in the middle.. Lets see how he will backstab me from there.. HA!