Skip to content

What items to import into BG2:EE from BG:EE?

So what are the best items to import to the next game? I have a base idea on things I plan to bring in but I want to know if there are any things that really end up shining. Thoughts?

Comments

• RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Helm of Balduran
    Golden Pantaloons

Armor wise all the options are pretty lame. I would personally go with the mail of the dead +2 since plate mail +1 is easily looted very early, in the first ambush of the game iirc
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Unless you use a mod or manually edit items into BG2:EE, there are very few items you can bring, so there's not that much of a choice.
  • doneill2000doneill2000 Member Posts: 21
    Oh really? So if I wanted to say take Armor of the Dark Lord to BG2:EE I couldnt? If thats so I am going to be upset.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    Don't get too attached to your stuff! Basically, you loose everything and start over on BG2. Better stuff appears quickly. But rebuilding your inventory and party is a big part of the early game.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just be sure to take the Golden Pantaloons if you want to have fun :) (and become death, destroyer of worlds in ToB).
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I like the Claw of Kazgaroth over the Helm of Balduran. Plenty of other helmets out there, not so many awesome rings that give AC that you can wear with magic armor.

Plenty of NPCs out there that -2 con won't affect.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390

Oh really? So if I wanted to say take Armor of the Dark Lord to BG2:EE I couldnt? If thats so I am going to be upset.

You'll get better armor pretty quickly in Shadows of Amn.

So how do they sort out what you keep? Is it just what your wearing or what?
    Thank you so much @mitchfork. That was really helpful, just a final question though. When you encounter Drizzt in the second game dont you have to have his items from the first? I dont mean that you have to have said items to have the encounter but is that not when he comes up with his party and trys to kill you? How does this work?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2013
    I believe they also corrected a bug that prevented the same check but for weapon import (and always picked the default value of Sarevok sword +2)
    edited December 2013

Thank you so much @mitchfork. That was really helpful, just a final question though. When you encounter Drizzt in the second game dont you have to have his items from the first? I dont mean that you have to have said items to have the encounter but is that not when he comes up with his party and trys to kill you? How does this work?

The game will check your imported character's inventory for Drizzt's equipment when you start the game and change this encounter accordingly, but the items aren't actually imported as such.
    Oh ok thank. So when I import it will cheeck my inventory for Drizzts stuff and if I have it the encounter I have with him in that game will be different but I wont get his stuff from the first game correct?
    That's right, you've got it.
    Thank you your help was quite apperciated.