Skip to content

[DUPE 6985] - Keep getting random dialogue questions from Aerie

LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Everytime i start a character, he keep getting random tidbits of dialogueanswers to conversations with Aerie. Everytime i select him things like "You're out of your mind Aerie" and stuff like that pops up in the dialogue window
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Do you mean that you are getting these random dialog events even before you have met Aerie?

Or have you started a romance with her and are getting these events at unexpected times?

Do you have any mods installed?

Please attach a saved game where this is happening, and if possible please provide additional information about where or when these event occur. Is there any pattern you can observe?
  • LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
    1) Yes, they are there at the beginning of the game
    2) No
    3) No
    Additionally it happens when i give commands to my mainchar, it doesn't happen for the other pc's. Attached is a couple of savegames, should be present at all of them
  • LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
    Sorry bout the long wait, but started a new char with an old soundset (those that work in BGII) and there's no problem anymore...
  • StephenJM81StephenJM81 Member Posts: 3
    I too am having the same problem, my mainchar's responses to being clicked on are as follows:

1) Yes, well...let's just continue our travels, shall we?

2) You're out of my mind, Aeire.

3) I am? I had thought you had cared for me. But...perhaps you kept me away because...because you did not care enough for me. I had not thought of that.

4) Let us go, then, and find this Irenicus. Once this is over, I want to experience everything with you. I...I never thought I would find something...better than flying. Thank you.

This appears to replace the mainchar's typical responses and while it doesn't appear to negatively affect gameplay, it is pretty distracting. This has happened since the most recent patch and my character had not yet met Aerie before it began happening. Also I have no mods installed.
  • StephenJM81StephenJM81 Member Posts: 3
    That being said, it just struck me that I should try resetting my mainchar's sounds and that appears to have corrected the issue.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Yes, this occurs when the Female4 voiceset from BG:EE is imported into BG2:EE. Or at least, that's what did it for me.
  • MatteMatte Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, I was having these ghost dialogs . . . nothing devistating but simply spammed the chat window . . . I set main character´s sound to default (press R -> Customize button -> Sounds button -> default button ) . . .

[I was] playing a dwarwen battle defender, and he had the voice female 2 for some unknown [t]reason :D