Skip to content

A compilation of all the evil/chaotic decisions that can be made in the game *SPOILER*

After playing a neutral character half-way through the game, being amiable with every quest NPCs, getting pushed around by them, following their petty demands and orders either due to threat (e.g., breaking the quest line) or obscure promises of rewards, I have to say, a chaotic evil play through can be very rewarding and offers a change of pace. However, I'm not sure if I have yet to discover every decisions that can be made yet.

Below are the major ones that I can think of so far:

Circus Tent
Evil: Refuse to return sword to Aerie since she offers no reward for it. This would turn her hostile, forcing you to kill her.

de'Arnise keep
Evil: Threaten Natalie's aunt for looking down on you. This would turn her and her guard hostile. Killing them both leads to reputation loss. If Natalie is in the party, she would also (understandably) turn hostile. Her death would mean less experience, less rewards and no stronghold. However, if she isn't in your party, her aunt is quite safe to kill.

First meeting with Jan Jansen
Chaotic Evil: Refuse to answer any questions from the inspector. When he threatens that he will call the guards on you, retort whether he really thinks he got what it takes to kill you. After that, slaughter all the guards. This leads to reputation loss. Less chaotic and a more neutral/lawful decision would be to turn Jan to the inspector for a measly 100 gp.

First meeting with Viconia
For a sadistic PC: Let her burn. Although if you are on a evil playthrough, you may want her in your party.

Planar Sphere
Kill Valygar, and use his corpse to enter the sphere.

Windspear Hills
Evil: Make a deal with Firkraag and betray Garren to obtain the deed in return for a reward from Firkraag. This will lead to the death of both Garren and her daughter. Afterwards, can kill Firkraag if the rewards was deemed to be insufficient.

Trademeet and Druidgrove
If you poison the grove, all druids will turn hostile, allowing a slaughter house. Otherwise, Faldorn will be invincible. Aftewards, you can choose to banish the Djinnis by brute force. Together, this will allow you to obtain two shields of harmony rather than just the one you would get from the 'good' path.

Unseeing Eyes
Tell Keldorn to mind his own business when you first met (or something akin to that dialogue). This will turn him hostile, forcing you to kill him. Something you'd probably want to do anyway on an evil playthrough.

Although not strictly evil or chaotic, instead of fetching some random item for the unseeing priests, you can choose to pick the dialogue to end their cult, forcing you to fight all the priests and the beholder without the aid of the divine device. This is the much faster way to complete the quest, but also means less exp and loot. This also makes the fight considerably harder to beat for low level parties without resorting to cheese.

Sahuagin City
Refuse the priestess' request to see their King. This will turn all fishmen hostile and allow you to carve your way to the under dark by brute force alone. You bend to no one, and get to kill everyone and loot everything.

Human Flesh Armor
This is probably the most prominent chain of evil decisions that can be made in the SoA. Accept quest from Adalon to recover dragon eggs. Trick both the Matron mother and her daughter into sacrificing fake eggs to the demon. Offer the real dragon eggs to the demon for a reward (even more chaotic if you end up fighting and slaying the demon himself). Afterwards, slaughter your way out of the the drow city (some of the drows does give half-decent exp). Return to Adalon and kill her when she turns hostile, whining about losing her eggs. Recover her blood, give it to the guy in Umar Hills who would forge human flesh armor +5. As a bonus, you get to slay the people who was involved in the forging afterward.

Illithids/Mind Flayer Base
Refuse cooperation with the githyanki and kill them while they are distracting the mind flayers. This leads to a permanent loop of fighting umbar hulks and resting, until you choose to break out forcefully out of the arena through the door. Afterwards, every time you rest, four illithids will spawn near you. This happens for about a dozen times or so. Gives LOTS of exp if you can live through all the encounters.

Is there anything else that I missed? I know there's also the hell trials and I'm a lot less familiar with the ToB decisions.