Skip to content

HLA as Fighter/Thief?

Already taken UAI. I know that sprike trap is great and will take a few.
Due to nice info from fellow forummembers i know that CS is better than GWW if you got improved haste, which i do due to ring of Gaxx.
How is Assasination? Evasion better than Hardiness?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Just off the top of my head:

Assassination is good, but remember that it only lasts for a turn and therefore cannot be stacked with things like GWW or CS.

Hardiness gives you damage resistance, whereas Evasion just gives you AC and possibly saves (can't remember). Since things in ToB hit regardless of AC about 98% of the time, Hardiness will be better. It also lasts a fair while.

I also assume you are Dual-Wielding (probably with Scarlet Ninjato on off-hand). If you are going 2H instead (e.g. with staves), GWW may also be good since you won;t hit max APR under IH unless you are using two-weapon style with a speed weapon in the off-hand.
    Shire
  • ShireShire Member Posts: 58
    Im dualwielding and will do for a long time. So ill go a few GWW but mostly CS due to the fact that i can use improve haste 3 times a day.
    Also will pick a few hardiness. Thanks!
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Shire said:

Due to nice info from fellow forummembers i know that CS is better than GWW if you got improved haste, which i do due to ring of Gaxx.

The point behind using IH over GWW is that it has a superior duration that you don't have to refresh every round, allowing you to use CS. IH from the Ring of Gaxx only lasts 10 seconds, so you aren't really getting the full benefit.

Eudaemonium
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Never used assassination before... are there creatures immune to backstab? Because to me, if it works on powerful ennemies like demogorgon, melissan, and other strong ennemies... it sounds like the clear winner in terms of damage, especially with dual wield + improved haste. 8APR of 5x damage? lol..
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Yes most high end enemies in ToB are immune to backstab.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    More than a few enemies in ToB are immune to backstab, particularly the bosses.

Edit: Ninja'd!
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    sucks, not like they are immune to greater whirlwind... I had a good laugh when my last playthrough ended up having 4 fighter-types using greater whirlwind and killing melissan's final battle in one or two rounds. She even tried to cast heal but died before it could land. Can't be much worse than using assassination on her lol.

ANNnnnddd thats why I always thought a mod that gave 2-3x more hp to ennemies would be great. That or a mod that reduces your damage by 50%/33% If only i knew how to mod.
  • ShireShire Member Posts: 58
    Worth it to take a Assasination or two just for the fights where they atually aint immune?