Skip to content

#7325 [CORE] - Cloak of the Dark Moon / Ring of Regeneration Bug

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
The Cloak of the Dark Moon seems to prevent the Ring of Regeneration from working. I keep one around for topping people off between fights to conserve potions, and noticed Dorn wasn't healing up at all. I removed all of his gear but the ring; he started regenerating as normal. I then added gear back one piece at a time, and confirmed it was the cloak. Note that he still gets the 'Regenerating' portrait icon. This occurs regardless of which item is equipped first.

This doesn't seem to affect all regeneration, as the Ring of Gaxx still works with the Cloak of the Dark Moon equipped. Zipped save game attached. Notice that he isn't regenerating; remove the cloak and you'll see the regeneration kick in. He doesn't have any other statuses (statii??) applied, other than his innate immunity to fear and level drain. You can also equip the Ring of Gaxx he has in inventory to see that it isn't affected by the cloak.

Note: I tested this on other characters, and it seems to have the same effect. However, sometimes the regen kicks in even with the cloak on, and I haven't figured out what the difference might be.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Huh. Weirdness :)

Not major as it's very easy to work around (especially since you can swap cloaks and rings in combat), but thanks for checking into it!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    A bugfix for this was submitted for testing. The cloak would stop any recurring effects at evening (regeneration, poison, disease, and a lot more). This might be a vanilla bug, so other things (even a fireshield) might trigger it under the right conditions.