Skip to content

Where is Watcher's Keep?

Hey, this question has probably popped up before already on the forum, but I'm playing SoA in chapter 3 and I just can't find Watcher's Keep on the world map as a location. Do I have to do something in particular to gain access? Or only in ToB can I visit it? Please help!

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited December 2013
    It should be in the middle of the bottom border of the world map.

If you don't see it, you may be bugged. Jalily posted a work-around in the Bug subforum:
    Problem: Watcher's Keep isn't showing up on the map.
    C:MoveToArea("AR3000")
    Try typing that into the console.
  • alvyjerezaalvyjereza Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem and so does my bro. Looks to be a common bug. The work around worked fine so thanks to Madhax and Jalily for posting that. Been loosing sleep to this for a few days now.

Edit. The work around lets me get to watcher's keep but it still does not show up in the world map. So going back would require using the work around every time.
  • TsunamiTsunami Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I remember, but i'm not entirely sure, that i did a quest to unlock watcher's keep in world map. Don't we hav to get this quest in order to unlock it in the map ? Please, i've search it a lot in google, and i would be glad to get this answer.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    No quest, pure bug.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    My experience was that if you imported your BG1 character into BG2 by using the list of pregenerated/saved characters, i.e. the ones listed above the "Create" button, WK did not show up on the SoA map, but if you imported your BG1 character through the "Create" button, WK was there. Don't know how or if this can be fixed in an existing game (except through use of the above mentioned "MoveToArea" cheat), but I've read that this was automatically fixed once you started ToB.

I believe this bug has been fixed now, at least I could start a new game today using one of my old saved characters, and WK was there as soon as I got control of my character in the starting dungeon. Thank goodness for fixpacks. :)
  • acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    The lack of testing that was done on this EE version makes me truly sad
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    acw18 said:

The lack of testing that was done on this EE version makes me truly sad

Plenty of testing was done on this EE version, more than you'd know. The problem is, this is such a huge game that it's physically impossible within a small team to test absolutely every possibility of anything that might happen with each change.

FWIW I had the same bug, but WK appeared just fine when I got to TOB.