Skip to content

No XP for eating brains?

So I've noticed that when I'm in Mind Flayer form (Shapechange) and going for a snack or two (Fire giants, Tieflings, whatever), it doesn't generate any XP reward when they, ehm.. die.

I don't usually use this spell a lot so I can't remember if it was like that in the original game. Can it be connected to the fact that they just "die" when their INT drops to 0 (or below) from the drain? And that the game doesn't recognize that the ability drain is connected to me devouring the brain? (My god that sounds awful..)

It's not a big thing but a bit inconvenient. Is it perhaps the game's way of punishing me for using cheesy tactics? :)
(I might, on occasion, have started with improved haste, time stop, shifted, and than devouring away. I was surprised how fast you could clear the Fire Giants' lair..).

Anyway, ideas anyone?

Comments

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    It's probably a side-effect of the ability drain (as you suspect) and not intended. If the game wanted to punish you for cheesy tactics, PfMW should turn off XP gain :)

By the way, Hexxat doesn't seem to respawn as she usually does if her brain gets eaten. No mist, she's just gone. Again it doesn't appear to register in the same way as a "normal" death.
  • LarkusLarkus Member Posts: 54
    paltis said:

I don't usually use this spell a lot so I can't remember if it was like that in the original game.

It already was like that in the original.