Skip to content

#3134 Jaheira has 7 lvl 1 druid spell slots.

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Jaheira is lvl 6/7 fighter/druid at start of BG2 so she should have 3 lvl 1 spell slots. Instead she has 7. For added weirdness she only has 5/7 slots filled with memorized spells:

Attaching save, it's with Abdel the pre-generated char.

Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
Erg

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Actually she is supposed to have 5 including the 2 bonus slots from his WIS score, but this is still two too many. It looks like the memorised spell are correct and the additional two empty slots should not be there.
    Messi
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Ah, yea I completely forgot the WIS bonus, well it's still a bug! ;)
    This is most likely also known, but just in case it isn't Viconia also seems to have the same problem. She has 7 lvl1, 7 lvl2, 5 lvl 3, and 4 lvl 4 spells. When it should be 5, 5, 4, and 3. Even remembered the wisdom bonus spells this time.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Sounds like the bonus spells are being added twice, maybe once in the character file(s) and then again by the game engine (I'm guessing).
    ErgMessi
    edited December 2013
    LN Anomen actually only has 12 wis so no bonus spells. Thanks to that he doesn't have extra ones. Though maybe he gains them after his quest as his wis is raised to 18. I also looked at Cernd's spells and indeed he's "suffering" from this problem as well.

As @emptiness says this seems to be a case of the wis bonus being applied twice for some reason.

Edit: I also tried starting BG2 with lvl 9 berserker that I immediately gave enough xp and 19 wis to dual into cleric. He only had 4 lvl 1 cleric spells though ie. the correct amount.
    Erg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Messi said:

LN Anomen actually only has 12 wis so no bonus spells. Thanks to that he doesn't have extra ones. Though maybe he gains them after his quest as his wis is raised to 18. I also looked at Cernd's spells and indeed he's "suffering" from this problem as well.

As @emptiness says this seems to be a case of the wis bonus being applied twice for some reason.

Edit: I also tried starting BG2 with lvl 9 berserker that I immediately gave enough xp and 19 wis to dual into cleric. He only had 4 lvl 1 cleric spells though ie. the correct amount.

Unfortunately it also means that this bug will affect all NPCs (with bonus spells) from mods too.

If this is fixed by removing the bonus spells from the CRE files and keeping the ones added by the engine, does that means that mod authors should put two version of each CRE file in their mods (one for the EE and one for the original games, similarly at what is already happening for the portraits, etc.) ?

Any reason to prefer a new system where the bonus spells are added by the engine compared to the old system of adding them in the CRE files like in the original games ?

Just some food for thought :)