Skip to content

Keldorn + Hexxat + Dorn how?

DevilGTDevilGT Member Posts: 35
Hi all. I'm in need of assistance. How can i change Keldorn variables in ee keeper so that he wont talk/fight with hexxat and dorn?

Or maybe there is some kind of mod?

As a last measure can someone tell me how to make him erm.. just Paladin w.o any talking with anyone.

Comments

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Do you want Keldorn or just anybody to carry Carsomyr? :D

Because if the latter, it's easy to do.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Probably easier to just remove the restrictions on carosmyr... I think you can turn off banters though by setting some global variable...
    You don't even have to remove restrictions from a weapon. You can force any item on any character if you assign it via Keeper on correct slot. So give a character Carsomyr as a primary weapon and he/she will be able to wield it.

You can even wear Edwin's Amulet like that.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Uh... just make your main character a Paladin and kick Keldorn to the curb?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Those are awful solutions, you guys...

Just install the Tweak Pack, it has an option to disable NPC fights.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited December 2013
    I didn't think the tweak pack worked with the new content
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    It doesn't - at least, not in its current form.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    ooh, my mistake then.
  • DevilGTDevilGT Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    I already finished that game more than i can count so believe me i just want to have my dream team. Well yeah I want someone to carry carsomyr but tbh i like Keldorn too... So any ideas? ;) What about those variables? Maybe something via console or ee keeper?
    Post edited by DevilGT on
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Create him as a 2nd PC in multiplayer, and copy the save to single player? Meet him in the sewers, add him for as long as it takes to rob his gear then encourage him to spend more time with his family...
    edited December 2013
    And how would that help me? I kinda dont see it.. Could u elaborate? I already thought of making paladin on multiplayer but how do i get keldorn voice?
    We'll, if you're considering shutting down his dialogues anyway, the simplest solution would just be to create a "Keldorn" with the same stats etc and play with him instead.
    If it's the expressly the *character* you're after, rather than just a kick-ass Inquisitor, then you really should just accept what @Southpaw says... That there's no real way to justify him happily rolling with demon-worshippers & undead.
    Whoa wait i just did what u said. I made Keldorn exportable in ee keeper put him in multiplayer and rolled back to single and everything works lawl thx mate ;).
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE: It seems the game needs a check in the Keldorn variables. Let me explain:
    When u first meet Keldorn and (u have Dorn) he is whining about crushing wedding so here is what u do:
    When Keldorn starts walking towards u in order to speak to u open menu and disband Dorn. After that Dorn will walk towards u along with Keldorn make sure Keldorn speaks to u first and tell him that u will take care of that orc. Then Dorn will reach u and ask if u rly want him to leave say no. Works with hexxat too. After that i saved and slept over 100 hours nothing happens Keldorn is fine with both. It seems for Keldorn variables that i killed both of them and thats why there is no more fighting. At least lets hope it will stay this way... I will post if anything changes.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    If that's the case, there can be no question that it is a bug.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Eudaemonium exported Eldoth for me to play as charname. If you do this, the game will think you are the actual NPC. Eldoth's lines in Dorn's dialogues trigger, I can create poison arrows and I can get Skie. So if you export Keldorn and make him a second PC via multiplayer, he will still BE Keldorn and act just like the real one - including conflicts and conversations with other NPCs.

It's easier to just create Keldorn as second PC and give him the Keldorn voiceset and possibly add his personal gear via EEKeeper (if you want his armor or something).
    Do u know how to give Keldorn voiceset to ur char for example?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited December 2013

@Eudaemonium exported Eldoth for me to play as charname. If you do this, the game will think you are the actual NPC. Eldoth's lines in Dorn's dialogues trigger, I can create poison arrows and I can get Skie. So if you export Keldorn and make him a second PC via multiplayer, he will still BE Keldorn and act just like the real one - including conflicts and conversations with other NPCs.

It's easier to just create Keldorn as second PC and give him the Keldorn voiceset and possibly add his personal gear via EEKeeper (if you want his armor or something).

That's because an exported NPC still has that NPC's scripts and dialogs.
    You can easily change it via Near Infinity.

@DevilGT
    This will also resolve your Keldorn's problem.

EDIT: note that if you change the script you won't be able to wear and wield Keldorn's armor and sword.

This was what I was really suggesting, just create a PC Keldorn-bot.. And try to resist the urge to give him a decent Dex score!
    abacus said:

This was what I was really suggesting, just create a PC Keldorn-bot.. And try to resist the urge to give him a decent Dex score!
    Too bad the game always assumes you are quite young and there are no dialogue options for old men :)

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You rename Keldorn's soundfiles like any other custom sounds, then select that set in character creation. (The soundset is out there, as are all NPC voices, but we can't link to the dropbox where they are located on this forum. Best I can give you - go to r/baldursgate on reddit and look through the sidebar.)

To create a Keldorn that is not really Keldorn (minus the conflicts), you then have to assign the XP and abilities, and his personal items via EEKeeper. You won't be able to switch them out in game; they'd be just as unusable by a Fake Keldorn as any other character. However, if you put his armor on with EEKeeper, and don't remove it in game, it works. You can also assign his sword that way, but you can't switch between it and other weapons. Which shouldn't be an issue if you want him to use Carsomyr anyway, so you can just sell his sword at that point.