Skip to content

(Non-EE Version) Cannot Leave Amekathran

Hello again. Yep, yet another big bug that has suddenly surfaced for me. My characters have gotten all the way to Amekathran in Throne of Bhaal without hitch since my little problem with Firkraag's Dungeon, but now I'm stuck in Amekathran. I can load the interiors of buildings in Amekathran, and shift to and from my Pocket Plane without hassle, but if I try and leave Amekathran to go anywhere else on the world map, it successfully auto-saves, and then crashes whilst trying to load. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? I do have Ascension installed, and a few other mods, but they shouldn't be causing this. At least, Ascension shouldn't, as far as I know.

Comments

• shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    This forum may not be the right place since all love EE so much filled with bugs and more bugs.
    I suggest you to check out bioware tob forums or sorcerers board.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    It is most likely a mod, what i would suggest is to uninstall all your mods then run the original game to see if it crashes. If it does not install one of the mods you are using and test again. if it does not crash install another one by one until your game crashes. then it's that mod that is causing the crash
  • OldTimerBGFanOldTimerBGFan Member Posts: 7
    Unfortunately, Ryofu, I have done as you suggested, and though I have uninstalled every last one, I have received no changes in my game. It continues to crash whenever I attempt to leave Amekathran.
    then the save game might have been corrupted. try and reload to a previous point of the game and see if it crashes? if it still does then you have to uninstall and reinstall
    Damnation... I don't *have* any earlier point saves, sadly. And I don't particularly want to uninstall all of BG2 and then work my way through it from the beginning *again*. Can you offer any suggestion why it would start doing this to me? I've never had this error before, and I played all the way through BG2: SoA with these mods installed. The closest I've come to this was a one-time crash from graphics strain whilst fighting Yaga-Shura, and even then that just needed the game to be restarted to be fixed.
    sometimes the save game gets corrupted while saving. happens mostly to autosaves. It happened to me once before. lost an hr plus of gameplay because i have a bad habit of not saving regularly
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I don't know the code off-hand, but have you tried using the console command to teleport to the area you want to travel to rather than traveling manually?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You could also attach the .GAM and .SAV files from your save; we can look at it that way; there may be something that can be identified in the save itself.
    Unfortunately, I have already deleted my BG2 save files, so I don't think that I can do that, Dee. But I do thank you all for being patient. Ah well, this time I'll remember how to get the Silver Pantaloons, and I can make my character's proficiencies more relevant.