Skip to content

Is this a bug? (Dorn re-spawn, kind of)

I met Dorn in front of the High Hall of the Radiant Heart. I started talking to him. The conversation took a turn where I had to either join up with his plans or resist them in no uncertain terms. I chose the latter, and Dorn attacked me. I killed him. I looted his sword and sold it. So far, so normal.

Then, several game days later, I come back to the Temple District to enter the sewers. After exiting the sewers, I decide to take the district exit that's pretty close to the Radiant Heart. And lo and behold: there's Dorn, again, standing in front of the Radiant Heart. I try to speak with him again. It's not possible. The game doesn't give me any kind of error or other kind of report (such as "Dorn appears busy" or "Dorn has nothing to say to you"). The only thing that happens is that Dorn utters a few words, the same way one of your NPCs does when you click him. ("You point, I punch!" a la Minsc, that sort of thing.) And that's it.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong here.

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Sounds like a bug. Kill him again for good measure.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    I did notice that killing him for the first time gave me no XP points. I don't know if that's right or not - never killed an NPC before.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Pretty sure killing a joinable character never gives XP. Think this happened in my game as well - I was surprised to see him back, but initially I figured I must've reloaded to a previous save after killing him and forgot about it.