Skip to content

Multiple strongholds Kensai/Mage

Hello,

Is it still possible in BGII:EE to have two strongholds when you dual class kensai/mage or has it unfortunately been fixed? Have tried to find an answer but haven´t been able (it is probably out there, though. Sorry for asking again in that case.)

I guess that on PC there will be MODs to solve it but not for iPads, which is the platform I will use

Comments

• ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2013
    It is not. In BG2 vanilla it was a bug that allowed dual class characters to take both.

Before you dual -> Stronghold
    After you dual -> Planar Sphere

Edit: I forgot to add that after your first class becomes active again, you can choose from either stronghold. Whichever you take first is the one you get in that situation.
    Post edited by Itstucktwice on
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    @Itstucktwice Are you sure? I'm playing dual Fighter/Cleric right now and I dualed him at level 7 and still got the Fighter Stronghold. Maybe it's the order in which you do quests that matters.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    It used to be that a multi/dual fighter could take another stronghold, and then take the De'Arnise keep as a second stronghold. That was changed :-( at some point in vanilla and imported into BG2:EE so you can never have more than one stronghold.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @Lathlaer, but do you have both the cleric and the fighter stronghold? It seems like they have taken that possibility out.
    edited December 2013
    @MacHurto no I don't, but Itstucktwice implied that after someone duals, you get the second's class stronghold. I don't know if this is the case but in my instance I dualed immediately after starting and still got the Fighter Stronghold. I was not offered Cleric Stronghold after. Perhaps if I did the quests in different order I would've gotten Cleric instead.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2013
    @lathlaer is it possible that you regained your fighter levels before you reached the keep? You dualed at 7 so it wouldn't take long, and once you regain your levels, you can again choose from either class. I edited my original post for clarity.
    Ah, that would be it. You are right of course :)
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Ok, thanks everyone for the useful answers!