Skip to content

Gear Disappears When Minsc Dies

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'm in the Illithid dungeon in the Underdark, and whenever Minsc is killed by a Mind Flayer's Intelligence Drain and Devour Brain his equipment disappears. This only happens to Minsc - whenever a different character dies I can still find their gear.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or is it somehow related to Minsc's low intelligence? I'd appreciate any help with this.

Comments

• RealReal Member Posts: 68
    This is most likely a bug, unless if you've been inflicting some friendly fire with ice storm, cone of ice or other ice spells (characters suffering cold damage upon death may be frozen along with their inventory).

Have you tried reviving Minsc in those instances to see if he comes back with all his gear still in inventory? I remember seeing Dorn dying but when he was revived, he had all his stuff. That is probably the closest bug I've encountered that is akin to what you experienced.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I've had Minsc die plenty of times in the game and I found his gear right where he died... could be just related to the Mind Flaying.