Skip to content

Red Dragon Disciple

What is the most importnant stat to one chrisma of intelligence ?

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Charisma gives you better prices in stores, intelligence gives you a bit of lore.

Sorcerers doesn't have any primary stats in that way, so you can put a lot of points in STR, DEX and CON
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Dexterity, Wisdom, and Constitution are three things to consider putting towards. In BGEE/BG2EE Sorcerors (including dragon disciples) don't benefit from having higher levels of intelligence or charisma (they do get higher lore by having a higher amount of intelligence however).
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    Cool thanks
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    Yep, it's a bit confusing but they don't work the same way as D&D 3rd edition sorcerers at all.

I do want to warn you that it's a really good idea to max out your wisdom though because the Wish spell (should you continue to BG2) gives a better outcome for higher wisdom, and it's a really powerful spell. I think you need at least 18 to get the best outcomes, but it's unclear if you benefit from having more than that.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited December 2013
    18 constitution to a Dragon Disciple is a must have. Still, with an "Enhanced Edition" we would expect the mistakes of the old game to be "FIXED", no!!??

Sorcerers should cast spells based on Charisma as main attribute, with the same limits that inteligence give to mages (that aren't many anyway). So a 17 charisma sorcerer shoudn't be allowed to cast 9° arcane circle spells.

Also the charisma value should matter for the number of casts of each arcane circle, but i don't know if this is vanilla by AD&D rules.

Edit: A shame we can't dual from Red Dragon Disciple, it wouldn't be that powerful as we would had to do it before the high level spells (probally after reach level 6 spells), but a Red Dragon Disciple/Fighter with 25 constitution would be awesome!