Skip to content

Armor Question

Am I better off going with magic armor or using non-magical armor with a ring of protection? I know spell saves are pretty important in this game so I'm trying to figure if my stalker needs better AC or better saves?

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Saves imo. Also the rings increase ac
    jackjack
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    Well I'm currently wearing the Night's Gift, Ring of Duplication, Ring of Gaxx and Helm of Balduran. So currently my AC is sitting at -5 and my save vs spells is 3.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Saves are usually more important. It's one reason standard full plate is so good, since you can use it with the delicious +2 protection items. I dunno if rangers can use that, though.
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2013
    Yea Stalkers can only use leather so I believe Shadow Scale is still the best but I was using Night's Gift for the Hide in Shadows bonus. But I do have a few +2 protection items as well.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Once you get past a certain point, a Stalker's stealth score should be good enough that the boosts from items are a little redundant in anything other than broad daylight (in which case invisibility spells/items/potions are your best friends anyway), so I'd advocate non+ armour like ShadowScale and a protection ring/cloak/amulet for the saves. AC becomes less important late game anyway as enemy THAC0s are obscenely good anyway, saves & resistances are always important.