Skip to content

flail of ages - 5 heads....ruined

went to 5 headed flail...completely ruined the weapon. That free action destroys it. I wish I had just stayed with the 4 headed flail. Takes the zing out of getting that 5th head though. "Oh, the fifth flail head!" *chucks it on the ground*

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    You can still GWW with the 5 headed flail right?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Check out

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/424015#Comment_424015

for a quick ovveride fix for this if you don't like it. I will install once I find the fifth head.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited December 2013
    Cast Haste, then equip weapon. Problem solved. NEXT!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @GamingFreak it also dispels Hasts, 'tis a tricky weapon Y'know!
    @nano nice idea, the 10th head should be the head of "The Ravager", just to make it worth ToB :D, and it adds 50 Resistance against Elemental damage (including Poison and Electricity).
    Honestly I've never used it, but I plan on using it with Anomen and my Fighter/Cleric (2 seperate runs) in my upcoming games. That said, I've never been a huge fan of IH either. And this is weird since I'm a firm believer in:

"Beatings will continue until loot improves"
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    That would be one disgusting weapon to go carrying around.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Yaga-Shura's head would have to do a d10
    @nano Noober's head should make enemies run in Fear and Confusion together, like The Sword of Noober did (a mod not worth installing, but very funny indeed, it is like the things I make).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I figured Noober's head would Vocalize on hit. Undesirable, to be sure, but then so is Free Action, apparently.
    CrevsDaak said:

@GamingFreak it also dispels Hasts, 'tis a tricky weapon Y'know!
    @nano nice idea, the 10th head should be the head of "The Ravager", just to make it worth ToB :D, and it adds 50 Resistance against Elemental damage (including Poison and Electricity).

Funny, Ring of Free Action doesn't dispel haste when you equip it.
    @GamingFreak I know, but other things dispel it, and it is nasty to take out the ring and equip it again so I really don't use it.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2013
    Aye, a lot of people actually intentionally keep it at four heads.
    @Quartz WHO? Those must be totally mad if they do so in the vanilla.
    @CrevsDaak Maybe people who don't like to take advantage of exploits? =P
    @Quartz ah, those, poor chaps, I always feel sorry for 'em, why not to use the +5 with Free Action AND Haste instead of using the +4 only with Haste? I still feeling sorry for 'em.
    regardless, GWW + Boots of Speed. There you go
    @Quartz that. was. random. totally sure. you must be in the Watcher's Keep Maze level for sure, in a wild magic area.
    Still, with that pic and that attitude you MUCH like a friend of mine.
    RANDOM OFF-TOPIC SILLY NON-CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS FOR THE WIN!!!!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Greater Whirlwind would work but the boots of speed are cancelled by the free action.
    elminster said:

Greater Whirlwind would work but the boots of speed are cancelled by the free action.
    I was not aware of this. Seems Free Action is still kinda bugged.
    @CrevsDaak But I *am* a friend of yours' :D

(Wow, that comment was almost as cheesy as throwing a Cloudkill in a room and closing the door)
    @GamingFreak

That would be free action working as intended. It says that "the wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that affect mobility in anyway. This includes the Haste and Slow spells".

Minor Note: it does not seem to reduce Rasaad's speed in my current game.
    edited December 2013
    Well, I said bugged because last time I slipped on the Ring of Free action after hasting myself up I still had the effects of both spells on even after equipping the ring. I can test it right now to be sure though.

EDIT: Yup, just tested it, by adding the effects of Free Action *AFTER* the haste buffs, you can still keep your buffs without Free Action nullifying it.

EDIT: And I just tested it again by hasting with regular haste, then Improved haste, then equipping the FoA+5. I got the free action effect and still got to keep my haste buffs.

LAWYERED!

EDIT: Free Action does indeed however cancel out the boots of speed, no matter what the equipping order is, so @elminster was right about that :)