Skip to content

Party arms!

First off, thank you to everyone who posted on my "Party advice please" thread and "where can i find a good thief" you were all very helpful and it seems I'm in need of your help again but only slightly this time.

some of my party members are barely able to take on most enemies I've been encountering and i need help with the following people:

Jaheira, she is better at using clubs and she has a normal club but i cant find any magical clubs in the shops when I've looked, she cant fight anything now so she is priority one.

Anomen, he could do with a decent mace. he is using a Wyverns tail +2 but i don't know what weapon category that's in, if it's in maces then I'm fine, if not then I need help

neera: during her quest before i broke it she died and was un-able to recollect her gear after i raised her, it had vanished so she is using the robe of invocation and a stick from the main baddie in her quest (not a spoiler you fight a boss for every quest pretty much, the fact its about red wizards is also no a spoiler, neera revolves around them it seems)

Nalia, she is using a normal shortbow with normal arrows for most things apart from bosses, i heard in my other threads that there is a bow that spawns infinite arrows, is this a good thing or do i need something more reliable for all my arrows instead of the one infinite kind?

im open to all suggestions and for those who don't know im a totem druid who isn't that bad in combat struggling with -1 AC and a spear +2, also on a side note: which is the best totem summon? it seems to be the bear is.

Comments

• Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    oh and to keep you slightly interested here is an image of me breaking spotify
    CrevsDaak
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Trademeet has a nice club for sale (I think more in the Druid quest that goes with it) and also has a +3 infinite arrow short bow (Tansheron's Bow). The +3 bow is very good, you can use magical ammunition when you need it and the infinite arrows when you don't.
    Mrpenfold666CrevsDaak
    Mitchfork said:

Trademeet has a nice club for sale (I think more in the Druid quest that goes with it) and also has a +3 infinite arrow short bow (Tansheron's Bow). The +3 bow is very good, you can use magical ammunition when you need it and the infinite arrows when you don't.

do i need to get imoen first? it seems i cant go to trademeet
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2013
    Wyvern's Tail is a flail IIRC. But you might want to put some points into flails anyway so you can eventually use the Flail of Ages, which is pretty boss. Until then to tide you over you can probably pick up a +1 mace in the Adventurer's Mart.

EDIT: To get to Trademeet, you need to talk to Flydian in the City Gates district and agree to help the town. He'll mark it on your map.
    Mrpenfold666

Mitchfork said:

do i need to get imoen first? it seems i cant go to trademeet
    You need to talk to the right person in Athkatla to mark it on your map- I think the guy you need to talk to is at the city gates. You'll also have to complete a couple of quests to buy items in town, but they're not too bad so you should be fine.
    Mrpenfold666
    thank you for your help
    any suggestions for neera's equipment?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    The Robe of Vecna is the best robe for any mage, buy it from Deidre in the Adventurers mart. To put it simply, the weapon choice for pure mages doesn't mean much at all so don't fret about it. Mages only have 1 base attack, a terrible thac0 and typically terrible strength. If you want them to do something in between casting have them use Melf's Minute Meteors.

Since you have two mages you will want another robe. Robes of the Archmagi are decent but really expensive for what they do and early on I think your gold could be better spent elsewhere. The robes from Neera's quest aren't the worst but they all pale in comparison to Vecna.

Like others have said go to Trademeet and Jaheira will be well kitted out. Have her dual wield Blackblood (club, can be bought after the quest) and Belm (found during the quest) and that will be her best weapon combination until you go through Watcher's Keep. Give her a strength belt, cast Ironskins and she'll be great in melee. Trademeet is a really easy quest as well.

Anomen starts off with horrible proficiencies unfortunately. In the long term you probably want him using flails (Flail of Ages and Defender of Easthaven) but in the mean time the Mace of Disruption might be your best bet. It's very unspectacular against non-undead but at least it has a high enchantment level. Casting Draw Upon Holy Might to give him a nice and easy thac0 and damage boost.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Honestly I think gnasher +2 with its poison does more damage than black blood +3 for anything you don't need +3 to hit.

Anomen I hate but I think mace of disruption... You can get decent wild Mage robes from Gul dukeem if you didn't kill him. Vecna is the best though.

Also for Nalia I would either use tansheron for free magic arrows or tuigan for multiple attacks
    I have found two magical clubs for Jaheira by sorting out the druids near tradesmeet, the Gnasher +2 and the root of the problem (HA i love the name of this weapon)

just about to go sort the troll mound out and jaheira is going to be a beast as she has a nice -6 AC (its been a while but is -6 good? she has the lowest in my group)

thank you @erinne and @Mitchfork for telling me how to get to tradesmeet

@Kryptix where can i get the free magical arrow bow?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013

oh and to keep you slightly interested here is an image of me breaking spotify

That was amazing :P It made me laugh a lot :P
    Tuigan Shortow+1 is in the Copper Coronet, the beastmaster has it, and one of Drizzt's fiends has another Tansheron's Shortbow+3, but you can still find the other one in Trademeet.
    Mrpenfold666
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Forget the free arrow bows until you get Gesen later. Get Tuigan in the slaver ship in the slums with 3 attacks. There are a lot of arrows of all kinds in the game and level 1 of watchers keep has infine arrows +1 quiver that can be uograded in ToB.
    Tansheron hits liches though :)
    Tansheron's Bow also hits Iron and Adamantite Golems, who can tear up your melee fighters and are immune to magic due to their resistances. Since the game normally spawns these in doorways that can trap them, you can just plink them with Tansheron's. The Tuigan Bow is good for anyone that doesn't get extra APR from a Fightey multi-class, though.
    i have the bow that shoots infinite +3 arrows for nalia and i have the gnasher+2 and blackblood +3 for jaheira, thanks for your help, now i dont have to rely on nalia to kill trolls 3 times a day XD
    Lol there's so many acid and fire arrows you can use though!

I'd try to get celestial fury for someone it's so good :)

Also flail of ages kills trolls.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Or flame blade... not that anyone ever casts that spells except for Nalia's leutenant that helps in the courtyard fight ;)
    my druid did when i ran out of fire arrows >_> but yeah i forgot how to get flail of ages so i threw away the one bit i had, no idea where its gone...but its gone
    You can't get it after killing torgal anyway so too late now.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Well, the 'weapon' of choice for a mage is, of course, the mighty Staff of Magi. Constant invisibilty, strikes as +5, constant protection from evil and can give a nice Spell Trap once per day.

But I don't know how to put it gently, so to be honest and a little blunt - it's going to be a while before you will get it :)
    Mrpenfold666