Skip to content

NPC differences from the BG:EE final save, XP Caps, and override folders

So when I ran though BG:EE the most recent time, I modified the XP Cap and as a result, my party were all over the 161k XP level at the end (only 1 level higher, but it made a difference). Now as I have just started BG2:EE, I find that while Imoen is now a Thief/Mage (I remember that from playing the original BG2 15 years ago) but she's no longer a level 10 thief as she was in the final save. Is that a result of not having an override folder in BG2:EE?

Also, I am assuming that all the talk about Edwin and Dynaheir is just that BG2 always assumed that I pled through BG with both of them? (That part I don't remember form the original BG2 opening).

Thanks!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    NPC data isn't carried over; everyone is meant to start with the same Imoen.

BG2:EE, like vanilla BG2, assumes that you've traveled with Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, and Jaheira.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Though interestingly, before the final battle the flavour text for Edwin will state that he pledged to serve you for a year, which is what happens if you kill Dynaheir for him.

I think Minsc is confused and has been lied to all this time.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 903
    I usually just ignore Jaheira and Minsc in Irenicus's dungeon if I hadn't used them in BG1 (i.e., pretend that they are not there and avoid them).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    This is what I do too. If you don't pick the dialogue option with Imoen about seeking help she never points them out, so you can conveniently not notice them.
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    My party from BG:EE was: Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Branwyn, Ajantis and myself. I like them, so I'm gonna keep 'em!
    Jalily said:

NPC data isn't carried over; everyone is meant to start with the same Imoen.

The bit about Imoen is fine, but it's a shame about NPC data. Jaheira already had Insect Plague at the end of BG:EE!
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    @withnail Just a heads up; Neither Branwen nor Ajantis shows up as party members in BG2 (/EE).
    Zanian said:

@withnail Just a heads up; Neither Branwen nor Ajantis shows up as party members in BG2 (/EE).

Oh, I assumed as much, as they weren't sequel characters in the original BG2.
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2013
    Ajantis does make a cameo in Windspear hills though, although not really during the best of circumstances... :p

Also, Branwen(and Xan) were both in the BG2 tutorial but I don't know if the tutorial was ported with BG2:EE.