Skip to content

[BG1/Tutu] Ducal Palace treasury room

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
[Actual]
You cannot (bash) open the chest with 25 Strength.

[Intended]
You should be able to (bash) open any chest with 25 Strength.

[Details]
Area: FW0111.are (TuTu) AR0111.are (BG1)

Lock Pick Difficulty: 100
Lock Difficulty: 100

Impossible to open with Bash/Bend Bars/Lift Gates, Strength mod.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    I want to clarify what I mean by "You should be able to (bash) open any chest with 25 Strength."

While technically only being able to achieve a "bash" score of 80, I should rather say that no chest in the game should be "bash-proof."
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    What if its a very very strong chest?
    Couldn't possibly be stronger than the chest bearing those huge guns! hahah
  • Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    Maybe the chest is enchanted...But the cheap owners wouldn't pay for an enchanted lock, so you can still pick it.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Well, it is the treasure chest of the Ducal Palace itself... Nice to know thieves have at least one chest out there to be useful for that the bashers can't bypass them on :-P
    How many 25 Strength characters come by that area though? Even fewer. Right?
  • GafanGafan Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    By that point in the game you ought to have access to second-level mage spells too. I don't see the problem with having a chest which is too strong to bash. Your strength may be enormous but it is still finite.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    You should steal such a chest and sell it. Must be made of mitrhil at the very least !
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Isn't the lock bash open rate for 25 strength at 80%? I'm not really sure on the subject. What I DO know however is that the chest, by the point you come to it, is pretty much the most useless thing in the world. Durlag's tower treasury > Any chest for that matter :p