Skip to content

Valygar/Keldorn quest 'timers'?

Does Valygar complain/leave if your party does not go to the Planar Sphere after recruiting him within a certain number of days?

Likewise does Keldorn complain/leave if you postpone dealing with the 'Unseeing Eye' cult?

Thanks!

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Almost nothing in the game is actually time-dependent. A bit of a pity, that. (One rare example is Jan Jansen's personal quest.)

I am not 100% certain about this, but I think the answer to both questions is no.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    @xzar_monty: thanks!

I suspected as much, but wanted to make sure before I recruited them, as I plan on taking care of some other business before dealing with their quests.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Keldorn is not associated with the Unseeing Eye cult quest whatsoever, it is merely the backdrop against which he is introduced, therefore this won't be a problem.
    With Valygar, I have never had any complaints. I tend to go fairly promptly to the Planar Sphere, although he has been intent on avoiding it so far, so I can't imagine he will be overly sensitive about delays. Thinking rationally, I imagine the game designers would give it enough time that you would be able to complete the Umar Hills questline with a couple of resting breaks mid-quest, considering that it is nearly impossible to get to Valygar without getting caught up in that quest - or in some cases, that quest is the only reason you found Valygar to begin with.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Nalia will leave if you don't do hers...

I think so will Korgan.

Valygar doesn't have much scripting anyway so I doubt he's too sensitive but I never have space for a mediocre tank who isn't a thief or priest...

This play through I think I'm going to get keldorn during the time jaheira is gone to do kangaxx... He won't kill hexxat right away right?
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Yeah there's not many actual "timed quests", at least not until chapter 5 but that's a whole different story. Then there's the quest notes where a character will mention a person to go to to start one of the major class-associated side-quests (such as Yoshimo talking about working for Renal Bloodscalp), and in those cases, if you don't start them after a while, they'll nag you about it until giving in and telling you to do what you want.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    krypton said:

Valygar doesn't have much scripting anyway so I doubt he's too sensitive but I never have space for a mediocre tank who isn't a thief or priest...

Valygar is a 'mediocre tank' but that's not really the best way to use him.

He's an awesome scout and backstabber.

Valygar backstabbing an enemy mage with Celestial Fury is a beautiful sight!
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    edited December 2013
    Valygar is a great character whose darkish tone fits the game very well. Equip him with the Celestial Fury and you have a mighty backstabber, too.

Optimizing one's party in terms of their abilities / stat points / whatever seems a bit too nitpicky for me, because you can win the game with any combination and the whole thing is meant to be an adventure, not an exercise in meta-analysis.