Skip to content

Weeding through the Mods….

withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
Howdy!
I originally played BG2 way back when it was released. Maybe twice, but didn't tweak it too much and certainly didn't add a lot of mods. I know I "fixed" Jaheira's romance, but to be honest, I don't remember what else I did.

For BG:EE, all I did was remove the XP cap and used EEKeeper to make some tweaks.

Are there 3 or 4 mods that you guys would say are essential to really get the most out of the game?

Does anyone know how many of the original issues folks had (the aforementioned romance being one of them) have been fixed in the EE, thus not requiring modding?

Thanks!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited December 2013
    I would probably mention Ascension (for ToB, not yet compatible) and Sword Coast Stratagems as "essential" mods - but be aware if you're new to the game, SCS will make it significantly more challenging.

For near-essential mods I would say aTweaks and (if you play a thief or a bard) Rogue Rebalancing.

Beyond that, there are of course a great many mods that add variety and fun to your game, and more are being updated for compatibility.