Skip to content

Help with party members

Hi I am a new player, using a fighter and I'm having trouble deciding party mates.

I like neera, garrick, minsc, imoen and jaheira and would like them to be my party. The problem is that after I go back from the mine, minsc attacks me saying i did not saved his friend, and jaheira comes together with khalid(who i do no t like very much). What do you guys recommend me to do?

Any suggestions are well accepted since i am new to the game and might be wrong in keeping any of these party members.

Comments

• MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    If you don't feel bad about it you can get Khalid killed in a battle and then kick him out of the party- then Jaheira won't leave the group. You can also have Khalid go alone into a house, and remove him from the party while he's inside. He won't be able to exit the house, so he'll never trigger the dialog that makes Jaheira leave. You can't go back into that house for the rest of the game, though, or he'll be able to trigger that dialog.

Minsc is one of the NPC's that has a timed quest. You have to go to the Gnoll Stronghold within 10 days of accepting him into your party and rescue Dynaheir. Then, if you don't take Dynaheir into your party, Minsc will leave. You can get rid of Dynaheir the same way you can get rid of Khalid, though.

Your party looks fine, I don't like Garrick much but there's nothing wrong with taking him.
  • jnalves10jnalves10 Member Posts: 24
    Ok! So can I go to the gnoll stronghold before the mine so minsc doesnt get mad? Am I strong enough to rescue dynaheir?
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Yep. You will have to cross some wilderness (probably takes something like 24 hours to get there) but if you're strong enough to do the Nashkel Mines then you're probably alright for the Gnoll Stronghold.
  • jnalves10jnalves10 Member Posts: 24
    Ok thanks for the help!! I hope minsc stays calm until i get to the stonghold then
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Send Khalid off to play with the Basilisks... The only enemy he won't run away from.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Don't waste Khalid like that, he's great with a longbow, can be your main archer.