Skip to content

Where does Dorn go if you kick him out?

I kicked Dorn out of my party for Keldorn, intending to pick him back up after I completed Keldorn's quest, but when I kicked him out he just said something along the lines of "you're a fool" and then he completely disappeared. Is he gone forever? If not, where does he go?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    He goes to The Abyss, to fight for the Tanar'ri in the Blood Wars :P XD

I really don't know, he leaves for ever like some members in BG:EE like Kivan.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    He should be back where you recruited him.
  • ArialiteArialite Member Posts: 3
    He is, in fact, right back where I found him.

Lol, he made it sound like I'd never find him again. Thanks!
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Arialite said:

He is, in fact, right back where I found him.

Lol, he made it sound like I'd never find him again. Thanks!

Well he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • beingmarkhbeingmarkh Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    So I just finished the planar sphere quest, and I'm trying to keep all my NPCs together where I can get to them. I kicked Valygar, which I normally do once I've done that quest, but since I kicked him while we were still inside I didn't get the option to agree to that. The only choice I had was "That's impossible, stay right here."

I mention that because I kicked Dorn in the same spot (where the halflings were, with their lean-to huts serving as an NPC dormitory now), he called me a fool etc., but then he also stayed there. I'm assuming it's because it's an auto-save zone, but who knows. Looks like he's living with me now, which was sorta what I wanted in the first place.

Edit: Perhaps should have mentioned, I'm playing a sorcerer and this is my stronghold. Not sure if that makes any difference.
  • JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2020
    People kicked out in the planar sphere will stay where you put them because normally when you're in the Planar Sphere, the front door is locked and there's no way back out to Athkatla at all. It may be possible for this state of affairs to continue even after the Sphere quest is over.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Dorn normally goes back to his spot outside the Order of the Radiant Heart.

Note that you can only bring him back into the party after you kick him out if your reputation is 14 or less. Otherwise, he'll blow you off and stay there.