Skip to content

Black Pits 1&2 *Spoilers*

It appears BP2 is a direct continuation of BP1, storywise. At what experience or level do I end up in BP1 again? More particularly, is the experience points I have in BP2 more or less the experience points I end up in BP1? I uninstalled BG1EE some time ago along with my saves, unfortunately, so I was thinking of restarting the BP so I can feel the sense of continuity better.

Moreover, I can't seem to zoom-in in BP2 first scene. Bug or no?

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited December 2013
    BP1 has no XP cap, it's a level cap as far as I know (9 or 10?); BP2 starts around that level.

The first BP2 scene - in the tavern where Najim appears, I can't zoom either. But you can't do anything but talk there anyway. If you can't zoom once you were taken to the actual arena/bunks, that would be a bug.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Thanks, I have decided to start over. Another question, is there a need for Open Locks and Find Traps in BP2?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Illustair
    Occasionally yes, but not that often.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited December 2013
    Ok guys, so tell me how can i get to Joker's/Dennaton's room if i don't have a thief?

PS. Black Pits 2 is great. Especially characters. Cudos for authors.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited December 2013
    @manero
    Knock spell or very high Strength (buffs needed).
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    As far as i noticed these rooms are placed in dead magic zone.
    You can buff strength with potions. The merchant should have some Fire Giant/Cloud Giant potions.
    edited December 2013
    I know this is a subjective question, but what's the best way to experience BP2? It appears very narrative, so different from its prequel, which I like of course. The issue for me boils down on whether I should solo, have my current 5-man team remain, or cut it down to 2-3 members instead. In addition to why I'm thinking of laying off some members is that you can invite other "gladiators" to the arena; I like that better as it means more BG and less IWD. I wouldn't mind spoilers on this one - can you recruit some of them permanently? Or are there any fight wherein you can't invite them and would only have to rely on your custom characters?

I've heard of BP2's difficulty, so that's also a factor to consider. The next time I could play BG would be months from now, so I'd like this runthrough I have right now to be close to perfect as it can be.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    I've heard tell soloing is somewhat of a fool's errand, (from people who've tried it).
    I'm unable to play without a full party because of all the awesome magical items. A full party can still not use all of them and I'm notoriously bad with settling for something when new stuff appears on every corner. I now try to cover all weapon profs with my party, even if it's all over the place and makes little sense, and then go with whatever the audience gives me. It's an inbuild loot randomizer and a major appeal for me.
    I've been warned. Now the game is whooping my ass. It's difficult when you can't prepare beforehand with defensive spells or contingencies becuase of the dead magic zone. I should have at least 3 or 4 characters then.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can cast contingencies and spell triggers in the bunk room!
    edited December 2013
    I don't get it, sometimes I can hire 2 gladiators, sometimes I can only hire one. Is it random? I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with the next match. Worse, I decided to play again as solo (yes, I'm a chronic restarter too), and it's frustrating that you can only hire 1 at times, and so far the most hires I had was 2 at the same time...why not allow 3-6 all the time?
    You can only hire one at a time after all. You can however bring along Whitedove the first time you invite her I believe. Still, it would have been nice if I can bring along a few more, not to make the fight easy (there's after all the difficulty slider for that) but for roleplay.
    Post edited by Illustair on