Skip to content

Rasaad starting level

I've invited Rasaad to join my group, but he is only level 8 when my Paladin is level 9 (and the others in my party level 10 or 11).

He is too weak that way.

What level do you have to be to pick up Rasaad when he is level 10 or higher?

Comments

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    I also got the impression that he is a bit behind. And I don't think you can change it - if you take him later, when you're more experienced, the gap will likely still be there. Only, you will be like 13-14 and he will be 10.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    I had a similar problem with Neera who was behind by more than 700k when I got her. Very annoying!

I'm going for Rasaad in my next game so I'm very interested in knowing when it's best to pick him up.
  • dragon84dragon84 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    From doing some tests with EEkeeer

To get the lvl 10 Rasaad with 450k exp, the main character must be level 10 (your current exp does not matter)

And this a little dumb, because a thief or mage will get to lvl 10 much faster than a paladin
  • koalabobkoalabob Member Posts: 22
    I think the new NPCs all seem to have screwy level adjustments. I was level 12 when I got Neera and she was only 9, I then went and got Jan and he was level 11/11 (mage/thief) so the adjustment for Neera is definitely off.

I concur though that's it's the MC level and not experience amount that affects the NPC levels. All the "old" NPCs seem to be a level behind my main character even if that pushes them way above my current exp. EX: my blade just hit level 13 (660,000 exp) and I went and recruited Valygar and he was a level 12 ranger (1,200,000 exp)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its because the new NPC's generally only have a few different levels that you can get them at. Its a known issue.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited December 2013
    There are, if i'm not wrong, 4 .cre files for each joinable NPC in the game. they're something that x NPC at level 2, 4, 6 and 8 for BG:EE for example (not necessary always these levels, i think). When you first speak with an NPC, based on your level one of these .cre files will be generated. After generate a .cre file for an joinable NPC he will be set on the level of that file even if you don't recruit him in that moment and come back for him later.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That's not necessarily the case. For example in my BG2EE playthrough I spoke to Korgan early, but did not recruit him. Later on, when I was something like level 13 and he was level 12 (actually with higher XP than me, sitting in the Copper Coronet is apparently highly experiential).

Basically, the level seems to be set when you recruit them, not necessarily when you speak to them or enter the area that contains them, at least in BG2EE.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    dragon84 said:

From doing some tests with EEkeeer

To get the lvl 10 Rasaad with 450k exp, the main character must be level 10 (your current exp does not matter)

And this a little dumb, because a thief or mage will get to lvl 10 much faster than a paladin

"tell me about it";P
    when i install bg2ee and want to play with my Avenger from BGEE with 150000 XP i was litel suprised when i see minsc out of irenicus cage with a 900000 XP. I knew then that it will not play with Avenger and make archer.

Also i make test with console you could summon the NPC with sugested LVL and join him i dan it with heardalis my Charname had 2 mln XP but Hear' has only 13 LVL and max in SOA is 15 so i summon hear; with 15 lvl and talk to him as first.

but heart me when i go get wilson to my team and have alredy 2 mln XP and he has 9 lvl-> tragedy i must cheat to give him at least 12