Skip to content

Shadowdancer dualed to fighter

Anyone ever done this and It is effective? I'd like to dual wield with hips and grandmastery. I assume it would be ok to dual after I reach 100 ms/hide i.e irenicus dungeon and switch to fighter? Or maybe wait til 120-140 ms/hide to offset various penalties like sunlight?

Comments

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    I would take a good long look at those backstab multipliers before choosing.

The earliest I'd switch is at 9 for x3 and then as much in MS/HIS as you can (since there are definitely noticeable penalties in sunlight). This makes for an easy and pretty powerful dual, only with kind of crappy HP.

The next step up is 13, which is probably ideal. You would definitely want the x4 multiplier if you can backstab constantly. The only problem with switching at 13 is that it takes a long time to get to figher 14 from there.

Oh and I don't see why it wouldn't be effective. HIPS would let you downright butcher anything that can be backstabbed. In some fights in ToB though you're just a fighter with fewer HP.
    edited December 2013
    After playing with it a bit, I think these are your two best options:

1. Dual at 10.

This way you get x3 multiplier and 2x shadowstep. You get plenty of MS/HIS but not quite enough to deal with the penalties. Personally, I find this issue rather negligible. It's also a relatively easy dual (you're less than a million behind a pure class).

2. Dual at 13.

This way you get x4 multiplier and *very* reliable MS/HIS. The only problem is that you're missing out on a sizable chunk of the game where backstabbing is great.

IMO, both will make for a very fun and powerful fighter, only with somewhat crappy HP.
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2013
    fish0331 said:

Anyone ever done this and It is effective? I'd like to dual wield with hips and grandmastery. I assume it would be ok to dual after I reach 100 ms/hide i.e irenicus dungeon and switch to fighter? Or maybe wait til 120-140 ms/hide to offset various penalties like sunlight?

Before you invest any considerable amount of time into dualing a thief into a fighter, keep in mind that many posts have indicated that this combination is currently bugged. Specifically, your backstab modifier may be considerably lower than it should be, or in worst case, it may be even zero.

This is currently listed as a CORE bug:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25054/7143-core-dual-class-thief-backstab-bug/p1

If you REALLY want to do this, it may be circumnavigated with EEkeeper or temporary modfixes (check the thread linked above, and also use google). Note that the implications of its use (whether it will work or introduce new bugs, break the game, etc) is unknown. So do a bit of research and exercise some judgement before you jump into these things.

kaffekoppen
    It's bugged? Ugh. No point then.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    Real said:

fish0331 said:

Before you invest any considerable amount of time into dualing a thief into a fighter, keep in mind that many posts have indicated that this combination is currently bugged. Specifically, your backstab modifier may be considerably lower than it should be, or in worst case, it may be even zero.

This is currently listed as a CORE bug:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25054/7143-core-dual-class-thief-backstab-bug/p1

If you REALLY want to do this, it may be circumnavigated with EEkeeper or temporary modfixes (check the thread linked above, and also use google). Note that the implications of its use (whether it will work or introduce new bugs, break the game, etc) is unknown. So do a bit of research and exercise some judgement before you jump into these things.

i played with shadowdacer/cleric he was not bugd. back stub was fine

and with console use i make shadowdancer/worrior his backstab was fine i play with leates patch and mods but thay rother not interfer with it.

but when i tested thie/ mage dual there is the bug for assasin and bounty hounter his back stab was x0
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27250/warning-for-those-who-whant-dualclass-assasin-or-bounty-hounter-mage-as-second-class#latest