Skip to content

Harpers' Call

Jaheira has cast this twice without success. Is this a bug or is there a chance of failure? Thanks.

Comments

• DelDel Member Posts: 44
    Nevermind...I discovered the forum search feature! Apparently a bug. :(
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    edited December 2013
    Also dermin wouldn't come for me the second time I had to console spawn him.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Technically it's working as originally designed. It's just that the original design was flawed in such a way as to cause a bug. (The spell bestows a temporary -5 penalty to all ability scores including Constitution, which means if your character has a high constitution score your hit points get reduced immediately on being revived, which brings you back down to 0.)

This will be fixed in the next patch (the Constitution penalty will be removed).
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited August 2014
    No, the only penalty when it's working is a loss of hp by jaheria, there is no other penalty but the hp loss is supposed to be after because the 5 hps she loses is given to the one she is trying to raise.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited August 2014
    toshiro said:

No, the only penalty when it's working is a loss of hp by jaheria, there is no other penalty but the hp loss is supposed to be after because the 5 hps she loses is given to the one she is trying to raise.

Thread necro!

Besides the existing bug that is causing the constitution penalty to end up killing the target of the spell the spell itself is working as intended. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say the only penalty for its use is the loss of hp because that isn't the case.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    IIRC in the original (non-EE) game it worked the other way as well: granting even a temporary constitution bonus also cured hitpoints. I think this has more to do with the opcode constitution modifier (#10) and how current hitpoints interact with changes to the constitution score. At any rate, constitution modifications should either
    a. not affect current hit points unless the maximum hit points fall below the current hitpoints or
    b. (more preferrable) adjust the current hitpoints to match the original pre-con hitpoints as a percentage, rounding up to prevent hp falling below 1. ie if charname's current/max hitpoints are 7/10 and due to the constitution change the max hitpoints go to 5 (=50%) then the current hitpoints go to 4 (50% of 7, rounded up)