Skip to content

Buy on Beamdog with euros

I'm thinking to buy BGII:EE from the sale on Beamdog, but I'm not sure if I can pay with Euros. Everywhere on Beamdog the prices are on dollars. There is a problem from buying the game if I use euros instead of dollars?

And another thing... When I select to purchase BGII:EE, in the screen of the "Purchase details" doesn't appear the game discounted, is something wrong? or is only a visual problem?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Euros shouldn't be any problem, your currency will be converted when you pay afaik. It's not like you're sending them cash in an envelope.

As for the discount, did you use this link: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows?
  • rgalexrgalex Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2013
    I saw that link, that seems that are discounted, but when you press purchase, it says "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for Windows $24.95" and "Order Total: $24.95".
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I bought it through Paypal I think, with GBP. I remember it was a good deal compared to Steam, after currency conversion.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Should work fine. The only difficulty is knowing exactly how much you are paying.
    Thanks you guys, I think I'm going to buy it from Beamdog! You really helped me!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Fardragon said:

Should work fine. The only difficulty is knowing exactly how much you are paying.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=19.99+dollars+in+euro :p
    edited December 2013
    I finally bought it from Steam, I get a problem paying with paypal, and is that in the paypal pay check appear the game and the price at 25$, and I was not going to test if the offer will work.
    Post edited by rgalex on
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hm. Troublesome that you can't seem to buy it properly through Beamdog, as the Steam version comes with certain other drawbacks.

Perhaps @Dee should look into this, so other customers don't go the Steam way because they can't seem to get the discount?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you've had the game in your "cart" before the sale went live but didn't purchase it, the cart will still remember the pre-sale price (this also works the other way, incidentally). To refresh it you'll want to remove the item from your cart and then add it again.

Not the most intuitive system, I know, but the discount should apply correctly if this is the first time you're adding it to your cart.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    The 19,99$ price is (currently) 14,62€... If you pay with a credit card, you'll most likely end up paying the around 14-15€ as the bank will handle the exchange the rates.
    I know, but I bought it through Steam with Paypal yesterday, due to the bug of the cart in the Beamdog shop.